CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

(Kegan's POV)

Last week had been one of the hardest weeks of my life. And when I say hard, I didn't mean from classes or projects or even me being busy. It was a week of mental stress and frustrations. For one, the gang hung out every single day. Now that Faye was finally with us, they wanted to spend as much time as they could when we could. Athena's words, not mine.

But, here's the thing. Whenever they hung out, I was forced to go as well. I was forced to join them and spend the whole time mentally stressing about being so close to Faye and not being able to hold her in my arms. And she didn't make it easier on me either. She took every chance she could to flirt and mess with me with her playful grin.

Even though I either ignored her or got mad at her every time, she didn't back down at all. She took it head on and continued to do so every single time. I have to really say, she has changed a lot. Or maybe she didn't and I was finally getting to see her real face. Either way, I had a hard time dealing with my emotions and it gave me so many headaches.

During the last week, we finally started developing our own style of painting. We all picked one person to paint from our group and Faye just had to taunt me more by picking me. I of course tried to decline her, but Athena and Fawn lectured me saying this is work and I shouldn't let my personal opinions affect it. And they also refused to model for Faye, leaving me as the only one left. I of course didn't pick her as my model. The week was already horrible, and I wasn't going to ruin it more by picking her even though I wanted nothing more than to look at her and let her be my muse. I had picked Fawn while Athena picked Faye for their work.

Right now, it was Sunday night and we were all at the Art festival which was being held in our university. There were hundreds of students showcasing and selling their works and there was no end to them. We had been looking at so many different works from everyone over the campus since the morning. Unsurprisingly, Athena has showcased her work and had been busy the whole day tending to buyers and students. And Faye had agreed to help her with everything, leaving me and Fawn looking around alone the whole day. Aiden has joined us here and there but he mostly had to go help the lecturers since he and his classmates had volunteered to help organize the festival.

"I wonder when Athena and Faye would be done. My eyes are tired of looking at so many art works. I just want to leave now." Fawn groaned as stared at one of the sculptures being showcased. She has been roaming around since morning and looked really tired.

"Want to go sit down until they are done? I'm also tired of looking around." I suggested and she nodded in response.

We walked around until we finally saw a bench which was free. The whole place was crowded and most of the seats were filled with students from all over the campus. I heard Fawn let out a sigh of relief as we sat down.

"Thank God there's an empty seat. Today's been all fun but still horrible. And tiring. I just wanna go home, take a long hot shower and sleep." She said and leaned on the tree behind the bench.

"Well, you are true about that." I chuckled as I remembered the horror of being in such a crowded place. Just then, Fawn turned in her seat to face me with a serious look.

"I have something to ask. I know I have never asked you about this while you were all heartbroken about Faye, but I'm really curious now so forgive me for asking." She spoke.

"Wow it's rare for you to be curious about something. You seem to know everything before anyone tells you about it. What's making you so curious that you are actually asking me something. You never did that even when you were helping me to move on." I asked with amusement. It was very unusual since she never asked any personal questions ever.