CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

It happened so fast. It has been exactly four days since I went to Kegan's house. You won't believe me but so much happened in just four days. Even I was totally shocked at how fast it happened.

You guessed it right if you said the name Athena and Aiden together. They are officially a couple now. From what I knew, Aiden asked her out on a date on Thursday night, which I worked my ass off to make her to look the best she can look. And believe me, she was a total work of art that night.

During the date, Aiden confessed to her again and asked her to be his girlfriend, which Athena happily accepted with tears. She had told me all the juicy details the next day and I couldn't be happier for her.

And as for me, I would just have to sadly say that I wasn't exactly doing well. I didn't mean things with Kegan though, because things between us were better than excellent. We have been getting closer and closer each day and our relationship was going perfectly. We even went on a double date with Aiden and Athena on Friday night and it was a dream come true.

But that was not the main point here. Though everything was going exceptional, I wasn't feeling as good on the outside as I was feeling on the inside. Even though I was beyond happy and enjoying each and every day to the fullest, my body wasn't cooperating. I was always tired and recently my legs started to swell up as if I have been overworking myself or something. I mean it's true I was always out these days. I was always out enjoying and having fun to the extend I feel lightheaded and breathless sometimes. But I just found it sad that I was feeling that way when I was actually enjoying my time.

Anyways, after bugging me about wanting to see me play the piano for days, I finally agreed to it. And tonight, was the night Kegan was coming over to my house for dinner and some piano time. A piano date perhaps? Damn, that sounded nice.

It was sharp eight when Kegan rang the bell. I quickly sped over and opened the door to reveal a man holding a big bouquet of flowers in front of me. I giggled as I took it from the man who turned out to me the love of my life.

"Thank you! That's so sweet of you." I told him and he leaned in and gave me a short sweet kiss. I smiled on his lips as he pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"You're welcome, dragonfly." He smirked as he got inside the house. "So, what's the big plan for tonight?"

"Hm... Have dinner, talk, talk and talk more?" I gave him an innocent look.

"Too bad. I came here to hear a certain someone play the piano. Guess she is not around." He joked, looking around as if he was looking for someone.

"Yeah, very funny." I fake laugh as I walk him to the dining area.

I was the one who made dinner that night with the help of Mrs. Bee. So, I was actually a bit nervous thinking whether he would enjoy the food or not. I even made blueberry cheesecake with the recipe I got from Katherine the other day. So, I was hoping he would like what I made.

"How is it?" I nervously asked as he took a bite from the meatballs.

"Mmm, I didn't know you could cook. This is really good."

"Well, I'm mostly alone in this house. So, I have a lot of free time to experiment with food. I just didn't want to always depend on Mrs. Bee to feed me. Not that she is a bad cook or anything, I love her cooking. Plus, I wanted to cook a meal for mama one day. So, I started learning early."

"Such a good girl. I'm proud of you." He said as he patted my head like I was a kid. I laughed and we both went back to our meal.

Our dinner was interrupted when the front door suddenly opened, and a tired looking person got in with a single luggage.