PART 28

After much needed spending time, Nandini's family took leave before promising that they will shift here till Mukti's marriage. Cabir and Navya also came from their vacation. Everyone again got busy in their professional life again. Navya is staying with Malhotra's as Manik asked her and she's now working in Mukti's company as a manager of her fashion house.

Manik is busy with his songs and shootings, Nandini is busy in making schedules for him.

Malhotra Music

Evening they both moved out of the office same time as the work is done. Manik asked nandini to come with him as he need to talk. As they both settled Manik started the car and the ride was usually silent.

Nandini sensed some sort of uneasiness in Manik's face and his actions but kept quite as they are going to talk. After reaching his place both got down from the car and moved towards his room.

Manik- Nandini.. You.. You won't leave me naaa?

Nandini- No Manik. Never ever.

He hugs her and sobs. Nandini who already understood that something is wrong now she got that something has happened in office. She don't know neither she asked him. She's just letting him cry so that he can reduce his heartache and explain freely. After sometime he left her and sat on the bed. Nandini also went and sat beside him keeping her head on his shoulder and hand near his bicep asked him.

Nandini- Want to share anything?

Manik-I texted them about Mukti's marriage. I thought atleast they will come now. But the news is they both are divorced and living happily with their partners since some 3years. What should I do Nandini? What should I explain to mukti? Our parents lefts us and went to abroad and now they divorced and having separate family. Then what are we? Why did they gave birth to us?

Nandini dont even understand what to speak. Because she understood what he's going through but there are no words for her to console him. She just hugged him tightly like protecting him from everything. Even she's also crying by now.

Nandini- Manik I can't say it's okay leave it because it's totally not okay. Those people left you guys without any shame. All I can say is you have to be strong Manik. You should make Mukti understand this. You know Mukti is sooo sensible just like you. She's tough from outside but she's a kid by heart. Whatever your decision is I'll be by your side Manik always. Your one smile is enough to make my day. So don't be like this. Be the MANIK MALHOTRA. Now smile pleaseeeee.

Manik looks at her and thinks what good he did that he got a girl like nandini. Without thinking anything he pulled her in his lap and kept his lips on her lips.
SURREAL that's what he felt. Other side it's a big shock to nandini. Expect the unexpected she never expected the experience of kiss and now. She. Felt. Heaven.

He felt her and looks at her face which is red due to blushing. She just got up pushed manik on the bed and ran outside the room.

***********************************

Coming out of the room she left to kitchen standing there she kept her hand on heart which is beating very fast. Her cheeks are still in heat due to the kiss that happened. There is never ending smile on her face. She started making tea for them when she suddenly felt two hands are wrapping her waist. She know who it was and now looking at him is impossible as she's already giving competition to tomatoes.

Manik(whispers)- Was. It. Good?

Nandini nods her head in yes.

Manik(smiles)- Lets try once again?

Nandini blushes more but didn't turn her face to see him and his expressions. She poured tea in two cups. She holds cups in her hands and lifts one hand signalling manik to take.

Manik- I think one cup is enough for both what say?

Nandini(whispers)- Manik please na... Take it.

Manik leaves her and takes the cup. As it's already 8 Manik asks nandini to stay here itself. Nandini agrees and asks him about dinner as Mukti and Navya are about to come. He said they'll order outside from today and calls Cabir and Abhi too to come over.

Mukti and Navya comes and gets surprised looking nandini. They shouts and hugs her. After talking for sometime both moves to freshup and at the same bells rings. Nandini opens the door to see Cabir and Abhi standing and glaring at each other. Nandini looks at them confused and asks them to come in.

By now everyone comes and settles on sofa. Nandini is about to sit beside abhi but Cabir pulls her naked her sit beside him.

Cabir-Dont talk to him Nandini. He cheated me.

Nandini-What happened bhai?

Cabir- When Manik called us to come here we both were in cafe. I ordered pineapple pastry, orange juice and chocolate donuts. But when I came from washroom I found my pastry missing. I asked abhi he said they didn't gave and when I went to ask them. They said they served what all I ordered and I went back only to find this idiot abhi drinking my juice. Than I understood everything. You know naa how much I love my food.

By the end everyone were laughing while manik and navya sighed in disbelief as if nothing can happen serious with Cabir.
Manik clears his throat to speak

Manik-If you are done with your uninterested story can I talk?

Sensing his voice serious everyone stops laughing and looks at him.

Manik-Cabir and Navya what you guys thought about marriage dates and all?

Cabir- Manik we are thinking to have a simple wedding in register office or in temple. As she don't have anyone from her side and same is me soo..

Manik- If you forget then let me remind you she's having a brother and that's me. And you... I don't think I need to remember what you mean to me. So let's chuck it if you don't remember. (Cabir becomes emotional and looks down while nandini keeps her hand on his to calm him down.) So as you know Abhi and Mukti's marriage is going to fix will fix yours too if you don't have any problem. What say? (Cabir nods slowly accepting that)

Nandini-Guys why soo gloomy? And cabir bhai you have your sister here no need to get afraid of anyone okay(she tells looking at manik who raises his eye looking at her) Ok guys we have loads to talk and discuss but let's eat first naaa.

Everyone agrees and moves towards dining table. Nandini and Mukti dishes out everything and serves them. They completes their dinner with lots of talks and laughs.

*******************************

Post dinner again all sits but now couples sits together. Manik sat down near Nandini legs keeping his head on her lap. He tells Mukti about their parents. All feel sorry for them. But mukti didn't let anything affect her as she has no hopes on them. They all discussed about engagement, shopping and all.

The thing is both marriages will happen on same day and now engagement is also on same day. While on that day marriage dates are gonna be fixed. So they have lots to do. Nandini is looking after decoration, food. Manik is looking after guests and venue. Abhi's parents are taking care of rituals and all.

After discussing the things everyone left to sleep. Manik asked Nandini to come with him but Mukti pulls her into her room and show her tongue to Manik.
.
.
.
That's it for today guys.
.
.
Do vote and comment.
.
.
It's a long chapter.
.
.
If I'm satisfied with the comments and votes then you'll get one more chapter by tomorrow morning.
.
.
Thankyou.
Your friend.