Chapter twenty ~ Night out (Part One)

- Suri - PART ONE -

“We should get back. They are probably wondering where we are.” David said, glancing at the closed door. I could hear faint laughter coming from behind it and I knew he was right. We have been gone for a while.

I nodded. “Move it, I am hungry.” I said with a grin. I chuckled when my stomach growled, agreeing with my words.

David laughed heading to the door. “I see your appetite for food hasn’t changed one bit.”

“Hey . . .” I said giving him a push. “You might be toned but inside, you are a fat boy with his chocolate cake.” I shot back at him and closing the door behind me.

“True.”

We both looked at each other, a humor expression crossing our faces before we both burst into pure laughter. It was nice to laugh with an old friend. David and I have not picked on each other for ages. The feeling to laugh with meaning, it felt great.

“Oh great, the pizza is here.” I said entering the kitchen, David right on my heels. I smiled when my eyes met with Greg’s alluring stare. He wore a beautiful smirk that made my heart jump in my chest. Without thought, I walked to his side and wrapped my arms around his waist. He did the same as I planted a warm kiss on his cheek.

“Is everything alright?” Greg whispered into my ear.

“Yeah,” I whispered back. “I just had to check in with Liz.”

“Oh gosh, I am sorry. I forgot to remind you.” Greg frowned apologetically.

“It’s okay.” I assured him with a smile. “She wasn’t angry.” I said, and brushed away some lose hairs that strayed over his forehead.

He smiled down at me and just as he was about to kiss me. I heard David say, “Alright let’s eat.”

I pulled my lips away from Greg’s and looked back at David. He gave me a playful wink and turned away. I rolled my eyes. For saying he does not get along with Derek, I would say he is still on his brother’s team.

“Let’s eat.” Greg said pulling me to the kitchen table.

I just shook my head and followed. Boys these days, they never know when to grow up and quit the rival.

Later after dinner, we all sat in the theater room. David had put one of his favorite movies on and here we sat in the dark. I slouched against Greg’s side and one hand over my stomach. I forget if you eat too much pizza, you can get a nasty stomachache. Although part of me did not care how full my stomach felt. I was just thankful to feel happy for once in my life.

Nick sat beside us with Rachel. They were making out like two hot couple in movie love scene. I think I heard a quiet moan too. Greg was fighting his smile, pretending to watch the movie and running his fingers lightly over my thigh.

I glanced over at Rachel who stood, pulling Nick up with her. “I think we’re going to head out.” Nick said, wrapping his arm around Rachel’s waist. I looked down at my clock. It was ten minutes to till.

“It’s early.” Nate said from behind us.

Rachel’s cheek flashed a bright red and it was obvious they had other things in mind.

“Yeah us too,” Cam, Rachel’s brother said. “We are going to hit the night club.” Cam said, stretching his arms.

“Which one is that?” Tony asked turning on the lights. I squinted my eyes from the brightness. Jeeze a warning could have been nice but yet again were dealing with Tony here.