Chapter nineteen ~ Fully Alive.

-Suri

I turned my attention to the sky as a light cool breeze whipped past me. I could feel the night air rolling in but that didn’t matter to me. I was enjoying the sunset that was setting before me. Vibrant colours sore across the sky and a fine yellow line made up the horizon far in the distance. Thick purplish clouds swam over the fading pale blue sky, covering the yellow and pink clouds that were dancing with the sunset. It was a beautiful scene to sit and just admire the way life is.

I closed my eyes, feeling my heart melt inside and suddenly remembered the days May and I use to sit and watch the sunset paint its beautiful colours.  Our laughter and joy we shared together, I will never forget it. I’ll hold to those memories until she returns. I dream of the day where I can tell my sister, I never stop believing in you. May promised she’d stay. She would never leave and she will always be my sister. I closed my eyes as a warm breeze past by me. I know my sister and I know she will keep her promise.  

“Suri baby, come on.” I heard Greg’s voice call out to me.

I took a deep breath, savoring the warm feeling that had bloomed inside me. I glanced once more at the sunset that was beginning to fade and turned away. I had to admit, I hadn’t felt this alive since May was still around.

Greg smiled as I came to his side. Everything was loaded and everyone was waiting to leave.

“I had a great time Greg, thank you.” I told him, wrapping my arm around his waist. “We defiantly need to return. I owe you a rematch.” I teased.

Greg laughed, throwing his head back. “You certainly do owe me a rematch.” I laughed when he pulled me into a tight hug.  “So prepare to lose.” He added kissing my forehead.

“Ha-ha . . . in your dreams. I’m not letting you off easy next time.” I warned him.

“Oh please.” Greg grinned amused. But he made it clear with his animated expression, he was accepting the challenged.   

“Greg, you suck.” I teased giving him a wink.

“I suck,” He whispered in laughter shaking his head. “Whatever.” Greg said defeated. I couldn’t help enjoy that gorgeous smile that spread across. This was the Greg I loved.

“I win.” I chuckled, poking his side.

Greg smirked, rolling his beautiful green eyes. “Sure.” He pulled me closer to his side and gave my check a soft peck.

“Hey Dave . . .” I shouted to where he stood.

“Suri,” he shouted in return.

“I want pizza.” I screamed. “Please order.”

He laughed, rolling his eyes too. David knew how much I loved pizza. “Anything for you.” He replied.

“Pepperoni and Hamburger,” I reminded him just in case he forgot my favorite.

“Ahh, I come across another hamburger lover” Nick said coming to our side.

“Most defiantly, why you don’t like it?” I said crossing my arms ready to throw a pizza debate.

Nick laughed as he reached his fist towards me. “I freaking love it Suri cakes.” I laughed when we fist punched.

I smiled. “Awesome!” I turned my attention back to David. “Dave, can you make the pizza a party size and make sure they deliver it to the house.”

“Okay.” I heard him say as he whipped out his cell phone.

“My house . . .” I told everyone.