Chapter 23 ~ Uninvited

- Gregory

The clouds were rolling in, coving the morning sun and a cool winter breeze sprang pass us. I balled my hands tighter and dug them deeper into my coat pockets. It was cold enough to snow I think. This cold weather tempted me to ditch this place, and escape to somewhere were the temperature dropped at least sixty degrees. Winter was not my season. The cold crept through my jacket cutting my skin like knives. I shivered. Mr. Miller glanced down at me, his expression oblivious to the cold.

"We've only been walking for two minutes." He half chuckled.

"Says the snowman." I muttered as more chills cut through my body. "I am not a fan of the cold."

"Well when you are rised in the Northwest, where sevety-five percent of the time the weather is cold, your body gets use to it."

I snorted. "The cold is not something you get use too."

Mr. Miller shook his head. "It's only two block away." He pointed to a tall glass building.

It was the tallest building out of all the buildings in the area. I stopped to admire his building. It was beautiful to me. The glass reflecting like a mirror as if would show me my future. I wish someday to own one myself. To be the owner of my own law firm. Suddenly I didn't feel that cold anymore.

"The look of aspiration. You wear it so well." Mr. Miller commented placing his hand on my shoulder. "Your expression reminds me of mine so long ago. The way desire dances like fire in your eyes, you are really serious and I will take you seriously." He half smiled down at me with unloading eagerness in his eyes.

"Thank you ." I murmured.

We continued to walk down the block till we finally reached the building. A door man nodded respectfully, holding the door open for us. I noticed everyone's attitude changing in the grand entrance as we walked over to the elevators. There were four elevators at the far end of the lobby. There was only one elevator that was silver and we stood in front of it. There was a dim reflection revealing Mr. Miller and I standing. I watched as he punched in a code and instantly the doors opened. We both stepped in and the moment the door closed the elevator shooted up quicky. Before I could comment the door opened swiftly.

Amazing. I thought to myself.

For the next few hours. Mr. Miller towed me around, introducing me to very wealthy talented men who either rented or owed a floor in Mr. Miller building. There was only one law firm , which of course, was owned and operated by Mr. Miller himself. He apparently was a skillful lawyer who only rich people paid big bucks for. But that was not only it. Mr. Miller was a successful entrepreneur with a mind of never ending ideas. As of now he owns major airports around the world and was a business man in the stock and trade market. This man was all over the place and not one thing was disorganized.

This is exactly where I see myself in eight to nìne years.

"Son," Mr. Miller said pulling me out of my thoughts. I turned away from the clear glass window to glance back at him. He called my son. Does this mean he finally dropped his suspicion of me. Yesterday he made himself perfectly clear. If I were to hurt Suri, I wouldn't get as far as from high school. And now after seeing the emperior he has built that sits on untouchable grounds, I believe him.

"Yes?" I answered as respectfully as possible .

"So how do you like it so far?"

I half smiled. "This is my future in ten years." I answered without thought. And then I believed my words.

Mr. Miller snickered as the door behind him opened. "I heard there was a tour going on." A man came to view. He's bright eyes met mine. His hair was dark golden brown with some areas of blonde. He was dressed in a million dollor suit. But his god like looks and well dressed fashion wasn't what caught my attention. He look exactly like Derek. Well, Derek was his spiting image. I was seeing double.