Chapter eleven ~ New Feelings

-Surilyn

It has been two years since someone has spoken to me. And now here comes this strange character. This boy I have never seen before. Obviously he is new. Although something about him was attracting me to him. I can't get over his face with his captivating eyes, his dazzling smile and his wonderful kindness. I knew I swore to myself I wouldn't be the same and never open my heart to any one but damn, he is tempting me, trapping me in hole that I can not escape from.

I wasn't sure  if this was a good thing or a bad thing.

Just as I was reaching the end of the street, a car pulled up to the curb and I nearly jumped to the sky, leaving my heart expose on the cold ground. I froze when the very boy I was just thinking of climbed out of the car like an angel that has fell from the sky. ♥

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He said apologetically. I narrowed my eyes, searching his handsome face that possessed those beautiful green eyes. I composed my face, erasing the fright that formed within me. I was glad it was him rather then a stranger.

"Would you like a ride home?" The boy offered me kindly. "It's pretty cold out." He added trying to convince me.

I just continued stare at him. I knew he was a nice boy and he was sort of giving me lovey dovey vibes I couldn't resist. The only problem was, I didn't know him. He could have bad habits or worst, he could be a weirdo. Although the more I think about it, those feelings from class today are starting to grow deeper. I really wanted to introduce myself but I chickened out. Now here we are again. I had to talk to him.

He waited with a longing expression. What should I say? After all he'd be the first boy I would talk to other then Wilson my band mate. Though, Wilson was different, he understood the sorrow and pain my heart was in and left me alone.

 "I don't talk to strangers." I answered harshly with out thinking. My face washed in embarrassment. That's the best I could say. Great! Now I ruined my only chance to talk to a decent boy again. So I just walked away.

"Wait . . ." he called out. I halted as he caught up to me. Once again we were face to face. "I didn't mean any harm." The boy protested. "It's really cold out." He reminded me caringly.

I thought it was sweet of him to offer me a ride home but I prefer to be left alone. I don't even understand why he is trying to talk to me.

"I am fine. I don't mind the cold, really." I smiled lightly. He just looked at me with such admiration as if I was the only one standing in front of him. That made me smile even more so I though I'd introduce myself. "I'm Surilyn. It's nice to meet you Gregory."

He beamed beautifully at me. "It's nice to meet you too." He said. I held my hand out waiting for him to shake it. He shook it lightly and instantly pulled away. Just from that single touch, he sent an electric shock of tenderness throughout my whole body. I was tempted to wrap my arms around him just so the feeling would never fade away.

Wait, why was I feeling this way? I feel so alive and open all of a sudden. This boy was defiantly impacting me like a fast moving storm damaging all the sorrow and pain in my soul and leaving love in its tracks. How? I just met him today.

"I uh . . . I should get going." I told him softly.

"Um okay, are you sure you don't want a ride." He asked, walking backwards.

I thought about that for a second. A ride would sound nice. Maybe I can get to know him more. Ask the question I would like to know because Gregory seemed very sweet. Yet again, maybe I should just stay away from him. Be a distance friend, just to save my heart from heart break. "I am sure, see ya tomorrow Gregory." I waved goodbye and began to walk away or I'd never leave.