Chapter 20 - Night out (Part 2)

“We ready to go.” Cam asked. He pushed off the wall he was leaning on and walked towards the door. I stood where I was admiring Suri’s beauty. This girl never fails to impress me. Her beauty is like sunrays touching my heart.   

Rachel nodded with an animated expression and took Nick’s hand. “Let’s go.” She said eagerly. “I want to dance my butt off” She chuckled, pulling Nick out the doorway.

I reached out my hand for Suri to escort her out like the sweet man I am. Suri smiled but the smile did not quite touch her eyes. I wondered what is going on in that mind of hers. She glanced over to David and pulled him to a stop.

 “Uhh, can I speak to you really quick?” I whispered to David when everyone began to fill out.

“Sure.” David agreed looking between the both of us.

 “I’ll meet you outside in sec.” She told me with a weak smile. I simply nodded and let go of her hand. I headed for the door and closed it behind me.

I was tempted to listen but I didn’t want to seem intrusive on their conversation. Instead, I forced myself to walk away a little annoyed. Since David has gotten here, Suri has been acting different. I wonder what he is brainwashing in her head. After all, he is Derek’s brother and for that, I can’t let me guard down for a second.

Five minutes had passed and Suri still hadn’t came out. What could possible taking them so long? I would give her one more minute before I went bargaining in there. Suddenly, I wished someone would punch me in the face. I sounded pathetic and over protective. Suri is not even my girlfriend.

I sighed when she and David finally came out. She tossed the keys to David and headed over to me. I wonder what so important that she couldn’t say in front of me. Although I completely trust Suri but for some reason she is giving me strange doubts. She could still, deep down in her heart, have feelings for Derek. Perhaps I am over thinking this situation. Derek is a lover who broke her heart and thinks he can control the actions around her obliviously. It is like she is his puppet and he can play with her whenever he wants too.

Not while I am around. Derek can’t have Suri anymore. He lost his chance.

I hid my new frustrations, and put on a happy expression. I didn’t need Suri to worry. I smiled as she bounced joyful over to my car with a huge smile plastered on her face. Her long dark brown hair fell down in waves. She wore short whites dress with a light blue, jean jacket vest over and black high heel boots. Man, did she look stunning. I appraised from head too, admiring her natural beauty.

“What?” she said with a grin.

“I can’t get over how beautiful you look.” I complimented as opened the door for her. I could feel the heat coming out and I knew she was cold since she didn’t bring a jacket.

“You can thank me.” I heard Rachel in the back say. I smirked at Suri’s reaction as she climbed into the front seat. “Don’t play.” Rachel laughed poking her.

Suri rolled her eyes, flipping the stray away hairs from her face. “Thank you.” She winked.

 “Where is your coat?” I asked before closing the door.

“Are you crazy? We are going out and beside, if my sister was here and she saw that I brought a coat . . .” She trailed off, shaking her head with a smile before closing the door.

I walked around before stopping in place. David was jogging from his car to mine. “Hey can I talk to you for a sec.” David asked.

I looked back at the car. There was music already blasting from the stereo and loud laughter coming from the car. I don’t think they’d notice the hold up. “Yeah man, what’s up?” I said looking back at him and putting my hands in my pocket.