Chapter 21 ~ Farewell

-Suri

I squinted my eyes from the sunlight blooming itself in my bedroom. The sun surely wanted to shine bright this morning. Slowly I opened my eyes to peek at Gregory. He laid facing me with his hand resting on my stomach. I had to say, he looked so beautiful sleeping. I brought my fingers to trace the perfection of his face, tracing all the way down to his lips. He smiled lightly to the touch of my fingers, and squinted from the brightness of this lovely morning.

"It must be morning." He chuckled, opening his eyes and squeezing me closer to him.

"Yes." I wish I could stay laying here in his arms. I felt the security he gave and I didn't want to let go, but David was leaving today and I had to get ready.

"Good morning sunshine." Gregory murmured in my ear softly. I smiled hugging him tightly and placed a soft kiss on his chest.

"Morning to you too." I said. I untangled my self from Greg and rose to my feet.

I reached my hands up high to stretched my body. Suddenly it hit me. David actually was leaving and I probably wouldn't see him for a very long time. I have been dreading this day since he got here. You can't blame me for wanting a normal life where everyone I love is just there. I frowned, closing my eyes. I can't handle the absent of David or for my sister of that matter.

I wanted and needed them home.

"What?" Greg said.

"David is leaving today and I am really going to miss him." I told Greg.

He sat up, glancing up at me sadly and turned to look out the window. I knew he could feel the pain I've been avoiding since yesterday. Greg knows how much I want this ordeal to end.

I expected him to stay longer but when I mentioned the return of my mother, I just knew he would leave. If I hadn't warned him that she would be flying in he would be furious with me and I can't handle that.

Greg tore his glance from the window to look back at me. "He'll be back next time, and when he returns, he will have your sister." Greg said reassuringly pulling me down into a warm hug.

I smiled to his words. "Yeah you are right. David will be back." I turned my head to give Greg a soft kiss. I felt his body tense but instantly relax. Maybe he wasn't expecting me to do that. "I better go make him some breakfast before he leaves." I said and headed for the bathroom.

"That sounds good." Greg agreed.

I winked at Greg before disappearing into the bathroom. I quickly washed up, dressing in comfortable clothing, and brushed my hair into a high ponytail. When I came back into my room, Greg was leaning forward, looking at the book in my book shelf. He glanced over at me and smiled.

"Even in the morning you are as beautiful as the night sky."

"Thank you." I blew him a kiss. I giggle when he pretended to catch it and put it in his pocket. "Meet me downstairs when you are done washing up." I told him before I shut the door behind me.

Twenty minutes had passed since I began to make breakfast for the guys. I couldn't help my self. My hands were on a cooking spree. I made a stack of pancakes, two plates filled with bacon, toast with butter, lots of scrambled eggs, and a pitcher of orange juice. I had to make sure David left with a full stomach. My heart sadden when the thought of David leaving came back to my mind. I refuse to let David leave. His absents for the pass year has brought a toll on me. As each day passed I grew more lonely with myself. It wasn't fair that I had to live a broken life style for the pass two years.

Although if I wanted that life to return, I had to let David leave this morning. I had to let him go finish the job of rescuing my sister.

I let my misery disappear. I can't welcome those feelings anymore. My mind from now has to remain positive. There wasn't enough room for pain, only happiness. I quickly hid this new wave of sorrow when I heard a series of voices coming down the stairs. I put on a smile and forced away the tears that tried to form in my eyes.