Chapter 24 ~ Old Times

This chapter is the same day as Chapter 23. Suri's point of view and what she did. Don't get confused. :) Any questions, messages me. Good Day.

- Suri

I woke to the sound of my mother's soft voice and warm fingers stroking my hair. Images of when I was a child began to race through my mind. I always use to enjoy the soft finger tips of my mother playing through my hair while May held a book up for her to read to us. The sound of our laughter echoing in the room when mom would make silly voices. I frowned at the memory, opening my eyes to see mother looking down at me.

If only I had a time machine. Just to relive one day.

"Good morning." Mother said warmly.

I squinted my eyes and rolled over to look at my alarm clock. It was ten thirty.

Shoot. I missed Gregory. I rolled my eyes and sat up. "Morning," I mumbled uninterested in talking.

"Why don't you get dressed. I have a special day planned for us." Mother spoke cheefully.

I rolled my eyes again. Couldn't she tell I didn't care at all. I thought my face gave that away, especially last night. "Don't you have someone else to be a mom too?" I said rudely.

Her smiled faded into a hard glare. "That was totally uncalled for Surilyn." She stood up furiously.

"Yeah and you abandoning me was totally uncalled for. I needed you." I shook my head fighting the tears.

"Suri look,"Mom began sitting on the bed, but I cut her off.

"No mom. You, Dad, Maleen, even though it's not her fault, you guys left. Deserted me. How do you expect me to feel?" I shouted at her. "But at least Dad admitted he was wrong. He apologized and he looked for me. He didn't forget me, you did." I turned away. I got off the bed and went to the window. Why couldn't she understand my pain?

I heard her sigh behind me, rising off the bed and low footsteps coming to stand behind me."Suri, I am so sorry. I know sorry is not going to fix this in a second and cover the pain I have caused you. I admit I was wrong. I shouldn't have left you. I lost someone. Someone who I loved more than my own life. I couldn't . . ." Her voice trailed off.

Rage flew in me and I turned around. "I lost Maleen too, not only you. How do you think I felt waking up the next morning, searching for you, for comfort, and you were gone. Just like May." My traitor tears finally escaped. Though they weren't sad tears, they were angry. I wiped them away. I promised I wouldn't cry anymore.

Mother turned away, tears forming in her eyes too. "Surilyn forgive me, my daughter." Mother said in a low pained voice her eyes meeting mine.

My eyes fell to the floor. "I'm going to need some time." I murmrured.

"Okay," was all she said. A pain expression tortured her face and that broke my heart. Mother was trying, I could clealy see that. I watched her walk to door but halted in place. Her hands reach out to touch the only recent photo of her, May and I.

I exhaled defeated. "I'll get dressed and meet you down stairs." I muttered. She turned to smile back at me but the smile didn't really touch her eyes. She nodded in agreement and left closing the door behind her.

"Ugh!" I wanted to scream til my voice was horsey and gone.

I took a quick shower and dressed in something decent. Knowing my mom she was will take the whole day and force me into going to dinner. I didn't want to come back and dress for dinner like we were some happy family. We weren't and we probably wouldn't be for a very long time.