Chapter two ~ Mixed Emotions.

I let Audrey tow me forward as I glanced around my new surroundings. This was going to be my school for the next four years. I was starting to get lightheaded and nervous all over again. This was an awfully big school. I bet it was filled with secrets and lots of catfights, drama, jealousy, rumors and most of all, popularity. Ha, that was so not me and I vowed I wouldn't get caught in any of that. I had two best friends and an amazing sister with her whacky friends. Everything was taken care of.

At the thought of my sister, I caught sight of her walking in. She was like a goddess in her kingdom with Daisy and Violent on either side. They were all goddesses. Violent had her own way of beauty with her long dark brown hair, her bright blue eyes, and pale skin. She was gorgeous. Daisy was a softer side to the trio with orange shoulder-length hair, cat green eyes and pale skin as well. Now I see why the girls envied my sister and her friends. They had a natural beauty any girl would wish to have. They walked close to each other smiling a cheeky smile at those who looked their way. Right behind them was David Sachar and his cousins with their handsome beauty too. I shook my head and looked away. It was like a movie.

To my right, I found Derek gazing at me. I smiled kindly because I did not want to be rude and just turn away. From the corner of my eye, I saw him return the smiled and walked towards me. I froze in place, my heart beating suddenly at a running pace. 

"Hey again," he said stopping in front of me.  

"Hello again," I smiled. 

"Hey, Audrey . . . Zeyana," He greeted. 

"What's up D." Audrey waved. 

"Hey," Zeyana murmured without looking from her phone. 

I stared at him for a moment. He just looked so mesmerizing standing there in front of me. I wanted to run my fingers through his smooth dark hair and get lost in his captivating eyes. I looked back at my sister who was pressed up against a wall and David face was literally inches from hers. They were smiling and gazing into each others eyes. I return my gaze back to Derek who was looking at them as well. 

"Is there something you know about them that I don't?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest. 

He shoved his hands into his pockets and looked down at me with an innocent expression. "It depends on what you want to know." He answered. 

"How about you make this easier and tell me what you do know, Derek." I spoke more firmly now. 

He smirked at my sudden attitude and glanced back at May and David. "Let's just say they are the ultimate high school lovers." 

"Lovers," I barked out a laugh. I looked over at them and was surprised to see David press a kiss to my sister's lips, wrapping a hand around her waist. My mouth dropped open and I was speechless. So this what she has been hiding from me? A boyfriend. Why couldn't she have just told me to begin with?

"Since forever," he whispered into my ear.

I didn't know if I should be mad or just happy for her. I thought we had honesty in our relationship. I should start keeping secrets to myself too. I turned away. Audrey was staring at me with curious expression and I just shrugged it off.  

I was suddenly pushed to the side by a female. I knew I smelled a rat. Audrey was glaring in her direction as she caught my arm before I stumbled to the floor.  

"Hey Derek . . ." Stacy Peters said seductively. "Surfer," She taunted, shooting me a sideways glance. "Thanks for the invite Derek." She winked at him. 

I linked both of my hands with Audrey and Zeyana before Audrey punched the lights out of this easy A. I heard Derek sigh and say, "I have to go if you don't mind."