Chapter thirteen ~ Like the wind

-Surilyn

   I have never been so excited to attend school since my first day of high school. My anxiousness to reach school was stretching so far, it was nearly blinding me. I ate one light on the way to Audrey’s house and I thank god I didn’t get a ticket or worst, crashed.

   My heart just couldn’t wait to see Gregory Martin again.

   He was truly an amazing person just by the way he showed up in the music room yesterday. My soul never felt so alive. Even when I was in my downiest mood when the memory of my sister appeared in our conversation, I still felt so alive. It was as if he understood what I been through emotional and was working around that.

   Of course he is going to hear rumors and stories of what happened to me. Doesn’t everybody? Although he seemed or acted like he was there. So I am guessing he was informed well. But that doesn’t matter, it’s that fact that he actually cares unlike some other individual.

   I sighed. I knew if May were to be here, she’d tell me to keep my head high and follow my heart, just like she use to in the past. I couldn’t be anymore determined too.

   Audrey had been right with her little note yesterday. Gregory was defiantly into me. I couldn’t wait to pick her up and tell her all about and hear her say “I told you so . . .” ha-ha! It would brighten my day even more. =]

   As soon as I reach Audrey’s drive, I began to beep the horn obnoxiously until she came running out with Zeyana on her heels. I couldn’t help enjoy the smiley expression the light up their faces.

   “Good morning girls.” I greeted sweetly like I always use too.

   “Morning lovely,” the both sang in harmony.

   “Aww . . .” Zeyana squealed excitedly, leaning closer to me to cast kisses upon my cheek. “I missed you, you silly girl.” She said in a fake crying voice squeezing me tightly. “How are you?” She asked squeezing just a tab bit tighter.

   “Better,” I choke out as she hugged the life out of me.

   “Stop would ya, your killing her.” Audrey shouted in a playful voice.

   “Ha-ha, oppsy . . . I’m sorry my love.” Zeyana apologized, grinning.

   “It’s okay.” I chuckled.

   “So miss thing, tell me everything.” Zeyana demanded.

   My eyes shot to Audrey and she just stuck her tongue out at me. “Depends what you want to know.” I told her as I put the car in drive.

   “Drop the act Surilyn Miller. I know of your little crush on the new boy. What east side girl doesn’t want that?” Zeyana snorted.

   “Who is crushing on him?” I heard Audrey snort as she continued to text from her phone.

   “Jealous and everything . . . how cute. But it’s your arch enemy, kinky Stacy.” Audrey cut in.

   “Psh . . .what boy isn’t she trying to have hardcore sex with. I’m surprised that girl hasn’t gotten pregnant yet or caught some disease.” I stated rolling my eyes.

   “True but it still doesn’t change the fact that she still gets them to do what she wants.” Zeyana pointed out.

   “We also saw them talking on his first day.” Audrey added.

   “Greg wouldn’t go for that, you haven’t met him like I have.” I quickly defended him.

   “Oh really . . .” Audrey said turning in her seat and crossing her arms. “Introduce us to him and then will tell you what we think.” Audrey said.