Chapter 27 ~ Dreams of Long Ago

Hello readers. It has been a year since I have posted an update. I am sorry for leaving my story abandon. When life calls, you have to answer. Kismet Affection is just one chapter away from the end. I have started to work on book two. I hope you enjoy this update.
-Barbie Ann
________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Gregory Pov-

It was three in the morning when I got home. Suri had her father's driver drop me off once she had gone to bed. We ended ditching the Winter Ball and had gone to Joe's Pizzeria downtown followed by a late movie. Our winter ball outfit was a big hit. The hostess at the pizza shop could not get enough of Suri's dress and my tuxedo. She practically treated us like royalty. Perhaps it was because she knew who Suri was and how rich her father was. Even though Suri politely sent her away like ten thousand times, I sort of enjoyed everyone's reaction towards us-more Suri than me. I wanted her to be happy.

After an hour of sadness, Suri found it hilarious, and even though she was smiling, it never touched her eyes. There was something she was hiding, or something she was not telling me. Her mood seemed odd almost soar to the core. Perhaps it had something to do with Derek. He was nowhere to be seen in the gym when she went missing, and his friends were acting strange. I sighed. I did not want to speculate. I couldn't help it though. My gut was telling me to stand clear. Derek was a never-ending baggage of stress that continuously weighted down on Suri's shoulders. She only needed to be loved, and I intended on doing just that. However, there was another gut feeling telling me this was a battle, and I was fighting against Derek. For now though, I just wanted 2006 to be over.

February 20, 2007 was what I wrote down on my essay draft for English. Time had flew so fast. It made me forget what time it was being around Suri. Her beautiful essence was like a pause button, freezing time and causing me to abandon the scenery around me. It was like the two of us existing and no one else. Her smile, her laugh, the alluring color of her eyes, her aura, the smell of her long dark brown hair and when she hugged me . . . I couldn't ask for more.

I wouldn't change her for anyone else. She meant everything to me, and I loved that feeling. What more can a guy ask for?

For a while, Derek was like a vulture flying over us, hunting me like a prey. Sometime I felt Suri would leave with him but then she would assure her love for me and those doubts would vanish. I couldn't help but wonder why Derek was fighting suddenly. Then my mind drifted to the dance, something Suri left unexplained.

"Gregory," I heard someone call out. I turned around finding Nick with a curious look on his face. "Dude the bell rang, you coming?" He said standing by the doorway.

I search for the clock. Class was already over three minutes ago. I looked at my essay draft. I had only three paragraphs written and six more to go. We were supposed to write a piece on a historical event. I've been so caught in my little world. I don't know exactly what I was writing about. I just stared at the computer.

"Dude!" Nick called again and walked over to my side. "Where is your head at today, come on."

I chuckled and saved my draft, grabbing my flash drive from the computer and gathered my stuff. "Let's go." I said in deep voice.

"You have been like a zombie for the past hour. You alright?" He said concerned, mockingly touching my forehead. I elbowed his side.

"Nick, I'm fine." I assured him.

"You sure? You were looking out the window for an hour straight. I bet you didn't feel the paper I threw at you."

I laughed quietly. "When did you throw at paper at me?"