24 - Book Worm

Warm water soaked my hair and my clothes which I somehow forgot to take off as I hummed idontwannabeyouanymore on the shower floor

It had become a habit of mine. Whenever I felt as though the world was collapsing on top of me, when I felt like I couldn't breathe, I sat in the shower and let the water wash the feeling away.

The humming part was just what I do in every shower. It was always light humming but for some reason, I always seemed to do it and it wasn't even by choice now.

It had also come to my attention I hummed a song that represented however I felt at that time and I didn't even know I was doing it.

ugh I hated myself right now I had know this guy for like a week and I was literally sitting in a shower on the edge of tears over him.

I don't think I would be feeling this bad if I hadn't of gone to his office to drop the stuff off about Arseny but I did and the smell of him hit me instantly and now it clung to me even as I sat here being washed with clean water over and over again.

The feeling of my soaked leggings hugging my skin wasn't pleasant to say the least but I either had to focus on that or the thoughts of him that was close to engulfing my head like a wildfire.

Why would I let myself think even for a moment that someone wouldn't hurt me if they had the chance? I was stupid and ignorant and on some level, selfish for putting any kind of feelings above the one thing I had been doing my whole life: surviving.

I had been through a shit tone more then this and I wasn't going to let this effect me in the way that those things had. I would be okay, I would survive.

People had been through worse so I had no right in feeling sorry for myself and it's that thought that allows me to push myself up the tiled, white wall of the shower and peel of the clothes that felt like another layer of skin at this point.

I washed my hair and scrubbed the blood of my hands before I stepped out, grabbed a towel and started to dry myself as I walked back into my room.

I dried my hair, put on some light make up, making sure to conceal the American mafias mark on my wrist and put on some black leather pants with a fitted black, strapless top before I grabbed my gun and walked towards the kitchen.