Epilogue

2 years later

Novas pov

"Please?"

I never thought I would see the day where my boyfriend, the mafia king, the man everyone fears, pouts and begs me to get something he wants.

Or at least thinks he wants because there is no way he means what he just asked me.

"What if we argue about something or disagree on a really big thing and everything falls through and then we break up and then-"

He's quick to pull me from my spot on one side of the bed, to his lap where he places his hands tightly on my hips as I straddle him with a started and surprised expression.

"One - we will,"

He kisses me lightly, teasingly on my lips and before I can try to kiss him back, he pulls away to speak again.

"Never,"

Another kiss.

"Ever,"

Another.

"Break up."

Before he can kiss me again I dodge him and earn an annoyed grunt from him.

"What's number two?"

The corners of his lips pull into a grin and I don't have enough time to stop him before he quickly lifts me and throws me onto the mattress below. He leans on top of me with his elbows on the mattress either side of my head.

"If you haven't realised that I have always and will always think you're right, no matter what subject it's about and no matter how wrong you actually are, then you are the worst observer and honestly the worst girlfriend ever."

"Bit harsh."

He only grins in response and I take that as my queue to roll out from under him and straddle him as he now lays in my previous position.

"If you're completely sure of this, then I'm in. I'll run the business with you. I'll be your mafia queen."

He's about to get out from under me to kiss me again or most likely fuck me for the second time this morning but before he can I jump off of the bed and go to put some clothes on.

"Mr Marius now we are business partners, I expect professional behaviour and kissing me is most definitely no-"

Before I can finish however, he spins me around and throws me over his shoulder and I squeak in surprise.

He spanks me lightly before throwing me back on the bed and climbs over me, this time our bodies are pressed together and I start to get turned on.

"One day, I'm going to call you Mrs Marius and I cannot fucking wait for it."

I smile like a love sick child just as theres a knock at tje door followed by daisy's voice telling us to hurry up because they're all waiting for us.

Damian rolls his eyes and gives me one last kiss before we get up and get changed. We walk down the hallway holding hands and talk about our dinner reservations for tonight.

I chose Italian... again.

When we get to the living room we see everyone crowded around Asher, the birthday boy with a heap of presents around him and balloons hung up around the room along with a big banner that says 'Happy Birthday Asher!'

"Finally."

Daisy groans at the both of us in annoyance from Logans lap. They just had they're one year aniversary and they're still all lovey-dovey from it.

Damian pulls me to the couch where I sit next to him and he puts an arm around my shoulders.

"We're here now, you can open the presents Asher"

"Thank fuckkk. I hate waiting."

I laugh under my breath and the next hour is spent opening all the presents until they're all opened and everyones ready to go have breakfast but I stop them before they get the chance.

"Wait! I havn't given you my present Asher! Let me go get it"

I run out of the room and start to push the heavy box from just outside the room into the centre for everyone too see making sure I don't damge it or push it too harshly.

"Okay! Open it!"

Asher looks at me with confusion as he makes his way over to the big box where he kneels and starts to open the box from the top, as he opens the box lid a little bark makes the room go silent as Asher looks into the box with wide eyes and a opened mouth.

He doesn't hesitate to lift the little fluffy dog into his arms and the puppy licks his face as soon Ashers within reach.

Daisy along with others in the room make an awww noice and I tell Asher the puppy is a golden labridoor and doesn't have name yet.

"I get to name him?"

"He's yours, ofcource."

Asher hugs the little dog to his chest before letting him back on the floor where the dogs runs around the room sniffing everything he can.

"Darcy."

"Darcy? You know he's a boy right?"

"As in Mr Darcy."

Asher tells the room and although there are a few confused faces, I get the reference and think it's cute.

We all go into the kitchen to have breakfast. I make the pancake mixture with Daisy and we all take turns to flip them. Mine, Daisy's and Logan's were successful however the one on the floor dropped by Damian isn't looking so good.

"No way! Hands down best movie of all time has got to be die hard. It has the action, the comedy, the story line! It has everything!"

"Yes but in little women, Timothy chalamet is hot."

Logan looks slightly annoyed at daisys argument for why little women is the best movie ever meanwhile I eat my pancake with Nutella and maypole syrup whilst Damian's hand lays on my thigh, his thumb making small circles.

I smile to myself as I look around. Everyone laughing and talking as we eat around the table. No one's talking about a new mission or anything to do with our jobs.

I wonder what it would have felt like to grow up like this.

Maybe all the time I had spent complaining and hating my real family, I had never even thought of the possibility that a family doesn't have to be blood.

For the first time in my life my head isn't rushing with a million thoughts. I feel calm. I'm happy. I'm truly and utterly happy.

I guess all this time I've been fighting so hard to survive but I never realised that just becauce you're alive, it doesn't mean you're living.

Because this. This, is living.