34 - A Tad Mad

"Omg she's waking up! Okay

"Omg she's waking up! Okay. Damian get out."

She's actually waking up. She's going to be okay and then when she heals and everything and she can stand, I can watch her beat Damian up for everything he did. That could quite literally be the best day of my life if it were to happen.

"Daisy I haven't left this room in 5 days and you think I'm leaving now? Fuck off."

"Damian you're the reason she was in a fucking coma and I'm pretty sure having to punch your face as soon as she wakes up is the last thing her broken fingers need so not very kindly, get out."

To be fair to him, he had stayed with her this whole time and listened to all the doctors reports very carefully.

He gave all responsibilities to Logan and had 5 days of work for the first time in forever.

He also refused to let a male nurse or doctor walk through the door or he would, and I quote, 'strangle their useless and pathetic excuses of existence until their throats became so thin, you could hold it like it was a lollipop stick.' 

I was so scared, I had to make sure I didn't have a dick every time I entered the room. I'm very pleased to say I do not and therefore have not had my neck transformed into a holdable sweet.

"Fine but I'm staying outside the door."

"How generous and considerate of you, noble big brother. I really aspire to gain the qualities you so effortlessly have."

I didn't notice my remarks had been wasted as he had left the room mid-sentence as I was still focused on Novas fluttering eyes.

It was another ten seconds or so before her eyes where open and she was fully awake and responding and once she was, it was safe to say she was confused panicked as she was trying to hit the nurses who were speaking to her and rip her iv tubes off her. 

"Hey, Nova, It's me Daisy. You're back in the compound and in the medical centre. I know you're confused but I promise, you're safe and if you keep trying to take a swing on the nurses you're only going to hurt your self more."

Once she saw me she seemed to calm down a little which was when I made my way from the bottom of the hospital bed to next to it and explained everything to her.

I told her how Damian carried found her in the dark as hell hallway and brought her here and how long she had been out and all of her injury's which she was not happy about considering the only thing she really needs to be able to do for her job is shoot a gun and that was pretty hard to do with broken fingers.

I left the part about Damian not leaving her side out, I thought that might me pushing it for someone who had just woken up from a coma.

Whilst I was explaining everything to her and she seemed distracted enough, the nurses replaced her iv tube and checked the bandages around her arms, stomach, legs and wrists.

by the time I had finished, she looked even more confused than when I had started.

"Uh, okay. Hang on, so- wait. what?"

"Questions?"

"you could say."

"Thought you might. Sorry, nurses can we please have a few moments alone."

A few gentle nods were exchanged before they left and me and Nova were left alone. She was sat up and didn't look like she had been shot twice or tortured in the past two weeks at all. I would say it was the pain killers but I've come to realise thats just Nova. She doesn't show any pain, she thinks it makes her strong.

It's exactly what my brother does. They're so similar yet so different at the same time and just refuse to acknowledge it out of pure stubbornness. 

"Okay. Question one, why am I in fluffy matching pyjamas?"

"Oh I changed you. I considered it torcher in its self for you to be in a hospital gown so I took it upon myself to do your skin care routine and change you."

"Huh. Thank you?"

"Anytime. And now for the part that mayyyy make you a tad mad..."