30 - Screaming

I'm screaming

I'm screaming.

Theres nothing else to do but scream because I can't fight them, I'm literally dangling of a building and the only things thats stopping me from becoming a splat on the cold ground, way down beneath me is a big, muscular hand gripping onto my wrist.

I can't pull to get away from the hand because that would mean becoming the splat on the ground so I'm simply left watching as Damian clings onto the hood of the black car before he looks up to see me.

He doesn't do anything.

He doesn't shoot them or stop the car or jump off the car, he doesn't come back. He just... goes.

But before I can dwell on it, I'm pulled back up to be greeted by 5 faces all of which I have full intent of punching within the next five minutes.

"Well If we can't have him, I guess she will have to do. roughen her up a little then bring her back to the compound, we can torture her for information."

Thats all he says before three of the guys step towards me and the forth guys who's holding me tightly by the wrist.

The guy that spoke is walking back down the stairs we just came from with what I'm assuming is a smug look on his face.

So now I'm left with four against one and usually, it would be simple, easy even but for some reason, this felt different. My head felt clouded and honestly, sad that he could just leave without a second thought or concern for what could happen to me.

It's okay Nova, you can do this just take a deep breathe and focus on getting out of here.

That seamed to calm me slightly or at least enough to focus on the fist coming towards to my head so I could dodge it just in time.

And then another punch I dodged, and another and-

Nope didn't dodge that one

That stings, I can feel the blood starting to drip down from my nose and onto my upper lip as I lift my head to see another clenched fist come towards my face and its hits me, again.

Being in a fight is like dominos, once you've been hit once its easy to be hit again and again and again until your on the floor drowning in a small pool of red and unfortunately, these were one of those times because once I was hit twice, it was another 5 punches to the face before I finally fell to the floor.

In all fairness, I was being held down so its not like I couldn't of fought back anyway but, I've recently learnt people don't make it far in the mafia without playing dirty, dirty like the floor that my faced in pushed against.

I had only been hit my in my face so far so if I could just get up then I would still be able to fight them I would just have slightly impaired vision and a mind-numbingly bad headache.

However before I could even think of lifting myself I felt hard boot strike my stomach with intense force causing me to groan in pain.

I opened my eyes fast enough to see another boot coming towards me but I had enough time to push backwards so I rolled out of reach and stood up, ignoring the pain tingling through me.

I had to get back down those stairs if I wanted to escape. It was my only shot of surviving, jumping off the edge would mean certain death and quite frankly I'm not ready to dance with the devil so the stair case will have to do.

They were making their way towards me, cornering me until I was against the sheer drop of the building and using their bodies to block any possible way out so I did the only thing I could do, run with as much force as I had through the gap between two of the guys.

I fell from the impact of the two shoulders that I squeezed through but I still made it to the other side of them so I scrambled up and darted for the stairs, shaking off the grasp one of them had on my ankles as I did.

They had guns so speed was going to be my main source of escape but once I was out of the building I could hide long enough to make sure they had gone away before going back to...

Would I go back to the compound?

I mean Damian would probably assume I'm dead by now and there would be no way of telling if I made it out alive or not so... where would I go?

Where could I go?

The loud thud of me crashing down onto the landing to the bottom of the stairs I just threw myself down reminded me I probably should think about it when I'm actually out of the building and safe from danger.

The brass of the round door handle was cold under my hand as I twisted it and flung the door open with more force then needed before I ran out towards the main entrance.

I'm so close to the outside that I can feel the fresh air greeting me but it's too soon because a blinding pain saws through my right thigh and sends me tumbling to the harsh floor.

 The entirety of my face is throbbing, my ribs feel bruised and now my leg feels utterly useless but I still manage to claw my way up and start limping out of the door, my hand clutching the part of my thigh which the pain is spreading from.

I'm out and the first thing I see is an alleyway across the road from where I'm standing, I can get there and rip my dress to patch the hole in my thigh because I'm assuming that the pain in my leg is from a bullet shot.

I hobble across the street to try and reach the safe shadow of the alleyway but another two hands reach around my waist and neck. I'm pulled into the heavy, muscular arms and I squirm to try and get out of the strong grip but another blinding, concentrated pain shoots through my stomach.

  I'm being pulled but my body refuses to move the way my brain tells it to so now I'm being dragged across the concrete.

Blood is pouring out of now 2 holes in my body not to mention my nose and the metallic taste of blood in my mouth is starting to make me feel sick.

My stomach and leg hurts with an exasperating pain, my head is light and I'm fighting a battle to keep my eyes open but my eyelids are becoming too heavy and the last thing I see is some sort of cloth robbing my eyes of vision before I fall into a state of deep unconsciousness. 

Let me know if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes in the comments and I'll fix them

Let me know if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes in the comments and I'll fix them. Also feel free to tell me wacha think of the chapter and book so far

<333

CapableOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara