3| Shut Up

Doms words rang in my head. "I thought you were different. You were family to me. A sister. I knew I'd do anything to protect you but you wouldn't do the same, would you? You're just selfish and I wish I realised this sooner. Honestly, I wish we never met."

He doesn't understand fully why I left the way I did and that breaks my heart. Everything happens for a reason. Or at least I like to believe so.

So Sebastian and Isabella never tied the knot? They never got married. It makes absolutely no sense. They've been engaged for almost five years. Why didn't they get married within that time?

They got engaged a year after I 'died'.

Jordan clicked his fingers in front of me, pulling me out of my thoughts. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Your phone has been ringing nonstop." He pointed towards my phone.

Just as it began vibrating again, I picked it up and glanced at the caller ID. Valentina. "I'll be back," I mumbled to Jordan as I left the room quickly.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me," I said, sounding hurt, as soon as I answered the call.

"Shut the fuck up!," she exclaimed, defending herself. "I just heard about it myself. I barely see he-who-shall-not-be-named and the bitch he's gonna marry since Vin and I bought our own house."

"But in all the times you've seen him and her together, does he look like he loves her? Does he look happy?"

I could just imagine Valentina helplessly shrugging her shoulders, not really knowing what answer to give me. "I have no idea," she finally breathed out. "This is the sort of thing that you'll have to come and see for yourself because me telling you and you seeing it with your own eyes are completely different. Plus I haven't seen her in a while. It's like she's hiding."

I stayed silent for a moment, pondering over what she just said. Before I could say another word, she claimed she had to go before cutting the call. She always seems to be needing to end the call quickly. She seems so busy.

Even though, I was in America last year for Christmas, Valentina and I never met. We physically couldn't. What if Vin follows her on her way to meet me? Or worse, what if an enemy of mine follows her? I know for a fact that Santiago's family was after me right before I 'died'.

I never heard about it because Matteo kidnapped me. I really hope Matteo really is dead. If Santiago's family get the smallest inkling that I'm alive, they'll be after me like a dog with a bone. But in that case, I'll be the bone.

Domenico could go and tell the mafia world about me. He's pissed at me. He could ruin everything I've built for myself.

I thought back to what he said.

"I can't believe you just left us, left him, like that."

Truth is though, that I had no choice. It was either Sebastian or me in my head. I was risking my mental health and my life by just being in that life and with him. To be honest, I don't want to risk any of those again.

~Flashback~

"Come on," Valentina said softly as she knocked on my bedroom door. "We're in a new country. Lets' explore." I didn't say anything as I turned around my bed, facing the window. She let out a sigh as the babies began screaming. "I'm not gonna let you stay like this. You chose to let him go and now you have to live with that decision. There's no way you can go back." She gave me one last look before leaving.