26| Almost Over

Liliana's PoV

"I never meant for any of this to happen," I told him, honestly. "I didn't mean to leave. It's not like I planned it months before. I didn't. I was having a rough time and I wanted out. Please, please, please, Dom. I need you to understand."

"One minute down," he spoke, reminding me of the five minute time limit he gave me.

"Dom," Amara said, her tone warning him. He let out an annoyed sigh as he turned his head to face her.

"Fine," he spat out before he turned to me. "You should just go back to being dead." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I know he hates me but that was a bit harsh. "You've tried to ruin their relationship and you failed."

"I haven't," I told him.

"You have. He fucking loves her," he said with a scoff. "They were best friends for years before they got married. They were best friends when they were fucking kids."

"He doesn't love her."

"Why do you think he didn't kill her? Why do you think she's even still alive? He took and probably killed his mom but he didn't hurt a hair on Isabellas' head."

"He doesn't love her."

"Yes, he does," he said firmly, as if he actually thinks that. "The day he kills her is the day I will believe you but until then..."

"He will."

"You came too late. You missed your chance but I hear you two are getting close." I slowly nodded my head.

"We're getting to know each other again."

"He doesn't give a shit. I'm warning you that he is using you."

"He's not using me," I said softly. "I didn't come here to talk to you about that. Dom, I really am sorry and I want my friend back."

"I understand why you wanted to leave. But you could've told us. You didn't need to let us think you were dead."

"I wasn't thinking straight. I was in the hospital. I was just shot! I was on so many drugs; I didn't have a fucking clue what was going on around me. But I remember feeling so fucking hopeless."

"But afterwards when you disappeared, you could've called or done something! What? You were on so many fucking drugs for those six years as well?"

"I started a new life. Dom, everything was going wrong. Matteo was acting like an obsessed crazy fucker and I lost another baby."

He paused.

"I know it's not an excuse," I said, starting to get teary-eyed. "It's not. But I felt like I was falling into a big black hole with no destination. Getting away helped me a lot, both mentally and emotionally. And I know you hate me, I know you do, but I need you to forgive me. I want you to forgive me."

"I miss you," Dom sighed out as he walked towards me and pulled me into a hug. My arms wrapped around him as my head rested on his chest. "And I don't hate you."

"Really?," I asked as I pulled away from the hug. He nodded his head.

"So does this mean we're okay?," I asked warily.