41| Left In The Past

Liliana's PoV

"HOW THE HELL COULD YOU DO THAT!," I screamed at my supposed family as I entered my childhood home that I haven't entered in years.

My mom sat there with her arms crossed as my dad looked ashamed. Don't worry, it's not biological one.

He should be ashamed and more.

"You're sick," I spat out. "You watched him grow up! How could you just kill him?"

My dad stayed silent. "We did what we had to, to keep your secret," my mother spoke up. "Plus, we didn't kill him. We just buried him."

"Did I ask you to? No," I said harshly. "How can you look at his dads face everyday knowing you kidnapped his sons corpse?"

They both stayed silent.

"Oh my god, he knows," I breathed out as I took a step back. "That was his kid! How-Why-?This doesn't make any sense!"

They didn't say a word. It was almost as if they had vowed to never speak on this again.

"You're the reason his mom killed herself!," I screamed at them, wiping my eyes. I was close to his mother.

I know I wanted him dead. I know I did. But he should not have been put in my grave. He should've been put in the correct one.

God, that doesn't sound any better.

His mom committed suicide after he passed, it was said that his mom couldn't live without him. But, knowing what I know now, I'd say she found out what happened to her son and she was killed for it and her death was made to look like a suicide.

"That's why you both came to the office," I said, putting it all together, thinking back to when my dad and the biological one came to the office. "I thought you hated each other but the only thing you both had in common was me."

"I always knew you were smart," my mom said, praising me. What is it with our moms becoming psychopathic bitches?

I ignored her. "He threatened to tell everyone what you did, didn't he?," I said, wanting confirmation. "He threatened to tell me."

"He did," they both breathed out. "Years ago, he tried to stop us but when he found out you were alive, he helped us. We didn't kill Matteo, he did that to himself. We just buried him. Your biological father wanted to keep you safe even if it meant doing what we did. At the time, it just made sense to put Matteo in your grave!"

"I need to know who is in his grave."

They glanced at each other before looking back at me. "No one," my mom spoke. "It was an empty casket. But we had to put some sandbags and bricks in it to add some weight."

Psychotic.

"Why should I believe you? For all I know, you could have shoved Ava's body in there!," I exclaimed, thinking about how I haven't heard from my little sister in years.

I really should try and reach out.

"Don't be stupid," my mother snapped. "She's your sister. She's travelling."