32| Righting A Wrong

Liliana's PoV

"Sebastian, I'll bring my stuff around tomorrow," I said as I spoke to him over the phone.

"Why not today?," he asked whining. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm busy," I said smoothly. "And I still need to get the rest of my stuff together."

"I'll help," he offered.

"Sebastian, get settled in the new house and I'll be there tomorrow," I told him.

"But I'll be lonely," he spoke, trying to guilt trip me into sleeping over there tonight.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said firmly before I cut the call.

It's been a few days since the ball and since we became official and we have yet to move into the new house.

You're supposed to start a relationship with no lies, right? That's what I did. But, I've already told him one big fat lie.

And now, I'm gonna turn that little lie into the truth.

"Where are you going?," Vin asked me curiously.

"Somewhere special," I lied smoothly with a smile.

"Have fun then," he shrugged, not really caring as Dante, his son, threw a ball at his head. He turned around and shot him a glare as he ran after him.

Kids will be kids.

~

Finally, after almost an hour of driving, I arrived at my destination. I parked a block away from the abandoned warehouse for safety measures before walking towards it.

"Hey!," I exclaimed happily. "Did you miss me?"

She didn't say a word as she struggled to breathe.

In a way, I'm righting a wrong. I lied to him and now, I'm kind of undoing it.

"Oh, Valeria, honey," I spoke softly as I bent down to her height. "It didn't have to end like this. You could've changed." She stayed silent.

I looked at her small hunched figure in the chair, her arms and legs bound purely for my own comfort. I wouldn't feel safe if she was just left without any restraints. She's a crazy bitch. Who knows what she'd do? Her clothes, exposed skin and hair were covered in dirt and blood from her wounds that are most likely infected.

"I told him you were dead."

"You-don't-have-to-do-this," she gasped out, pausing between each word to catch her breath.

"But I do," I told her honestly. "You ruined my life. You didn't have to. But you did, all because of some stupid idea of revenge."

I stood up straight and took a step back from her before I pulled the handgun out of my waistband. I took the safety off and aimed it at her.

"I guess this was your final destination. You won't be missed," I told her with a smirk as I pressed down on the trigger. In an instant, the chair she was tied to fell back as the gun pierced her skin. I walked towards her and looked down.