22| Nightly Drives

Liliana's PoV

"You really need to stop showing up and demanding to meet me," I almost yelled at Sebastian as I got into the car for our nightly drives even though we've only done this once before. "Last time you did that, you almost fucked things up for good between us."

"No, I didn't," he said, completely denying it.

"Just shut up and drive."

"We're not gonna stay quiet. We're gonna get to know each other again so I won't shut up," he said with a smile. I let out a sigh.

"I'd much rather be asleep but..."

"Stop complaining."

"You still afraid of spiders?," I asked, trying to keep my laughter tucked away inside me. He glared at me for a second as he looked away from the open road. "What? I'm just trying to get to know you again."

"Fuck you," he hissed out. I couldn't keep my laughter in as it bubbled out of my throat.

"We did that around six years ago," I shrugged. He rolled his eyes.

"I want a bracelet," I spoke randomly. "I've seen it online. It's got a bunch of knots on it and every time you overcome something, you unknot one of the knots. For me, what I would try to overcome is all of my fears."

"Sounds cool," he mumbled, making me think he wasn't even listening to me.

"Yeah, I got the idea about unknotting the knots from a movie," I shrugged.

"You remember that house I was designing and actually building before you...," he spoke, trailing off at the end. I nodded my head, urging him to continue. "It's done and completely furnished."

"So it's just sitting there? With no one in it?"

"Exactly. I was wondering if you'd wanna move in there," he said slowly, looking at me worriedly.

"It's your house," I spoke. "I'm not gonna live in your house especially when we aren't even together."

"We are together," he spoke. "In my head, we are." I rolled my eyes.

"In mine, we aren't," I said flatly.

"New Years was last night," he spoke, randomly.

"Really? How did I not realise?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "You were always a heavy sleeper. You probably didn't hear any fireworks." I silently agreed. We're in the new year.

That means I only have one more week here before I go back to the UK as Elena.

Obviously, I'm not gonna stay there but I'm gonna have to quit my job and move my stuff out of the house and sell it.

That's too much effort.

"Oh my god," I said loudly, in shock, as I ducked in my seat in an attempt to cover my face. I seriously forgot he's a multi-billionaire and that the paparazzi follow him around like dogs.