Chapter-18

"Are you serious?"

Sunghoon slowly noded, "Yeah..."

"Sunghoon, I think you know how dangerous it will be if you attend that party."

"I know..."

"You should back out, now."

"But what about Heeseung hyung?"

Jungwon rolled his eyes, "Forget about Heeseung hyung for now, you're putting yourself at risk already."

"I don't know, Jungwon...I think I have to go..."

"No, you don't have to. Your attendance is not necessary."

"But I'm Heeseung hyung's boyfriend and I'm pretty sure my attendance is really necessary. Especially for an important event."

He sighed, "Sunghoon, look. As much as I want to support you, I think we both know that you'll be made fun of, considering our social status."

"Yeah, but..."

"Hoon, we're too far away from them. The guests of that event will consist of the heirs and heiresses of the seven families. We're just a nobody right now, compared to them."

Sunghoon bit his lip, not knowing what to say.

"Our social status is too different from theirs right now, it's not even close."

"I still think I have to go..."

"What if they're there? You know it's not impossible for them to be at such an event."

"Then...I guess I'll just have to make my way out of the party?"

"Oh my god, Sunghoon..."

"Look, it may not be that bad!" Sunghoon said, trying to lighten the mood.

Jungwon slammed his palm on his forehead and sighed, "Alright. Do what you want."

Sunghoon's eyes lit up, "Yay! Thank you—"

"BUT! I am NOT coming with you."

Sunghoon pouted, "But..."

"No, Sunghoon. I don't want to embarrass myself there."

"Hey! Look, you don't have to be embarrassed because of our social status right now! It'll be alright, besides we know something about proper etiquette and manners, right?"

"Still no, people would probably make fun of us there, and it'll seem like what happens in the movies."

"But Jungwon—"

"Sunghoon look, I'm not ashamed of being poor or whatsoever. And I can deal with anyone who tries to get in our way, but I'm not just in the mood for drama right now. Besides, we both know it's dangerous for the both of us."

"So...you're not coming?"

"Mhm."

"You're gonna leave me alone?" Sunghoon asked, trying to work on his puppy eyes.

Jungwon looked away, "Don't you even dare, Park Sunghoon."

Sunghoon moved for him to meet with his puppy eyes again, "Please?"

He shut his eyes, "No."

Sunghoon put his hands together and pleaded, "Please? I want my best friend with me~"

Jungwon stared at Sunghoon for a moment before answering him.

"Ugh, fine! Fine! I'll think about it!"