Chapter-25

As heeseung walked out of the classroom, there was a familiar feeling coming out of his chest as he saw Sunghoon leaning by the wall.

A smile crept into Heeseung's face just by the sight of his face. Their eyes met, and it was another indescribable feeling coming out of Heeseung. Heeseung gave him a smile, while Sunghoon returned with a sly one. Heeseung feet unconsciously walked towards him.

"Hey." Heeseung greeted.

"H-hi."

"Were you waiting for someone?"

'Right, why is he here?'

'You'd be supporting him as well when he gets a new boyfriend, right?'

'Okay but why the hell is Ni-ki's voice ringing on my ears again?'

"I...I was waiting for you."

Those words alone made Heeseung's heart beat faster for he doesn't know what reason. It's been a week since Heeseung last broke up with him. He've said hi to him whenever they see each other, but that was all. No more other interactions. But for some reason...Heeseung was... yearning, yearning for him and right at this moment, his emotions couldn't even describe on how he felt right now as he is in front of Sunghoon.

he...missed him...

"A-are you busy? Do you have to be with Miyen now? I'm sorry—"

Heeseung cut him off as he chuckled, "Sunghoon, it's okay."

Sunghoon lowered his head in embarrassment, "S-sorry."

"Why were you waiting for me, anyway?" Heeseung questioned.

"There's something we need to talk about..."

"Do we have to be alone or...?"

"I'd prefer talking about it alone but if you're busy—"

Heeseung didn't let him finish his sentence as he grabbed  Sunghoon's arm and headed towards the backyard with him.

As usual, no one was around the backyard, it was empty. The perfect place for them to talk to. The memories of Sunghoon and Heeseung creating the contract came into Heeseung's mind. Everything was reminisced to him. This was the place Heeseung took him to after he was bullied by the girls. Heeseung thought this was probably where their relationship developed.

Heeseung glanced at him and gave him a smile, "You know what, we should hang out anytime soon. So we could, you know? Catch up with each other? After all, we're still friends, right?"

Sunghoon bit his lip, "About that..."

Heeseung tilted his head in confusion, "Sunghoon?"

Sunghoon let out a deep breath before looking straight into Heeseung's eyes, "I...I can't stay friends with you after all..."

That, sentence, made Heeseung's heart drop.

"What?"

"I'm sorry, Heeseung hyung. But with the circumstances we have, it's impossible for us to stay friends. Maybe it will be okay for you. But for me, it's different."

"You're literally joking, aren't you?"

"Heeseung hyung, you see, as a result of the breakup, people are bullying me. And if I keep my relations with you, it will only make the situation worse for me."

"Sunghoon, look. I can always tell them to back off."

Sunghoon shook his head, "You don't have to, Heeseung hyung. I think it's best we just stay away from each other, as strangers. After all, we were just strangers to begin with."

"Sunghoon, I know we were just strangers before. But we have developed a wonderful friendship as we spent time together, and I don't want to lose that."

"Friendship." Sunghoon repeated before chuckling. He shook his head, "This is for the best, Heeseung hyung."

"Sunghoon, I don't understand."

Sunghoon let out a sigh.

 "You won't understand heeseung hyung. You never will. So please...let's just move forward on our own ways...and pretend that the two of us never even met...never even happened."

* * * * *

"Heeseung? Heeseung!"

Heeseung snapped out of his thoughts as he see the snapping fingers in front of him, "Oh, sorry Miyen. What were you saying?"

"I said, do you want to go on a date after school?"

"Date..."

"Sunghoon and I would usually go to a cafe and just chill for a date..."

"Heeseung? You're spacing out again."

Heeseung blinked, "Oh, sorry."

"So, do you wanna go or not?"

"Uh...sure."

They went to a park, bought an ice cream, and sat on the bench comfortably, hand in hand. Heeseung's eyes landed on a certain arcade as they sat. Outside the arcade was a claw machine, and all Heeseung could remember was that one time when he tried to get Sunghoon a single stuffed toy, but ended up losing all his money and not being able to give him one.

Heeseung chuckled with that thought in mind making Miyen confused, "What are you laughing at?"

"Oh," Heeseung shook his head, "Nothing."

Heeseung continued to keep his eyes on the claw machine, until a couple went towards it. The girl was asking for one so the guy inserted a coin and tried to get one, but he failed. He kept doing it a lot of times until finally, the guy was able to get one.

Heeseung chuckled again at the sight, "You know, when I tried to get one for Sunghoon, I failed." Heeseung said.

"What are you talking about?" Miyen asked.

Heeseung pointed at the claw machine which her eyes followed, "That one."

"Oh..." was the only word she uttered before there was a complete silence between them.

Heeseung was practically spaced out most of the time. For some reason, his thoughts were just full of him. Sunghoon. he still couldn't believe Sunghoon told him their friendship was over.

It pained him.

* * * * *

Heeseung stared at the ceiling, not daring to divert his eyes. He couldn't think straight, a lot of cloudy thoughts filling his head, he could only let out a sigh.

he glanced to the right, and there he was.

Bambi.

A smile plastered into Heeseung's face. He stood from the bed and grabbed him, before sitting back in his bed. Heeseung caressed him, smiling at the sight. This was made by Sunghoon, after all.

Heeseung pressed the button.

"Hello, Heeseung! How is your day today?"

Heeseung chuckled, "Oh god, his voice is too cute."

He pressed the button again.

"Are you feeling lonely? Don't worry, I'm here! I'll never leave you!"

Heeseung let out a breath through his nose, "I wish Sunghoon was here too."

He pressed the button again.

"Heeseung, there's something out there waiting for you to see!"

Heeseung tilted his head in confusion, not expecting the phrase, so he pressed the button again.

"Being able to properly express your feelings is nice! So if you ever need someone to talk to, Bambi is always here!"

"Huh." Heeseung muttered. "What if..." Heeseung shook his head,

"I must be overthinking things."