Chapter-23

Sunghoon woke up with his phone buzzing beside him. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms as he got out of the bed.

He grabbed his phone and unlocked it to see the notification, and what he saw literally made his eyes widened.

Heeseung Hyung
You did a great job last night, so I awarded you 50k dollars, I already transferred it in your bank account so don't be surprised if you saw a lot of money there :)

"50K?!" Sunghoon yelled, making Jungwon bust through the door.

"The hell, Sunghoon?"

"Oh, Jungwon...sorry I didn't know you were still here."

He rolled his eyes, "Why were you screaming?"

"It's...it's Heeseung hyung..."

He chuckled, "What? Fell for him hard again?"

"No! He...he sent me a lot of money!"

He tilted his head in confusion, "Why?"

"I don't know either, he only said I did a great job last night, and then just earlier, I received 50000 dollars.

"50k?! What, that's so much!"

"I know! I—"

Jungwon and Sunghoon then both looked at each other, exchanging glances, "That's half of your debt, Sunghoon."

"Yeah..."

"How much do you currently have in you savings?"

"As far as I've checked, I have saved 20000 dollars already."

"Then you'll only be needing 30k more to pay your debt."

"And then..."

He gave Sunghoon a smile, "And then our lives will be back to normal."

Sunghoon returned the smile and walked towards Jungwon, engulfing him into a hug, "Thank you for staying with me until the end, Jungwon."

"Anything for my best friend."

* * * * *

"Heeseung?"

Heeseung turned his head, meeting the eyes of an unexpected person, "Miyen, what are you doing here?"

It was currently lunch time, and it was a normal day sitting with Ni-ki and Jay. Heeseung was expecting Sunghoon. But instead, he met Miyen.

"C-can I talk to you for a moment?"

The three of them exchanged glances for a while. Jay was shaking his head, Ni-ki was giving Heeseung a look Sunghoon couldn't even describe. But in conclusion, it seems like they didn't want Heeseung to talk to her.

Heeseung cleared his throat, "S-sure."

Miyen and him headed outside the cafeteria and she led Heeseung to the school backyard where the two of them were...well, alone.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

She took a deep breath, "H-heeseung... if I confess here, would anything happen?"

Heeseung's eyes widened, "C-confess?"

"Don't you remember?"

Heeseung let his mind process for a while until he remembered this was the exact place, the exact spot where Miyen confessed to him before she and him even started dating.

"Oh..." was the only thing Heeseung was able to utter out of his mouth.

Heeseung couldn't tell what he was feeling at that moment. his heart was beating so fast, yearning for her to come back. After all, it's what he've been wanting for since she broke up with Heeseung. But there's this small feeling that's holding him back.