Chapter-21

Jungwon sighed as he lean against the wall, continuing to watch people around him with the glass of wine in his hand.

'This is getting so boring.' 

Jungwon glanced at his watch to check the time and just when he looked up, he spotted them.

"Shi--."

Jungwon immediately moved away from his current position and distancing himself from them, making sure to cover his face.He bumped to a lot of people and only muttered a small apology because he couldn't risk to get caught now.

He eventually managed to bring himself to a balcony. he let out a deep breath in relief and walked further more in the balcony, leaning his arm on the fence as he let the air breeze pass through him, giving him chills.

Jungwon then heard giggles of a random girl from behind, "Oppa, you're flattering me~!"

A familiar voice chuckled.

 "I'm just being true to you, Yerin. You really look beautiful tonight."

Jungwon glanced at his back and saw a random girl and jay by the door. They were obviously flirting making Jungwon form a disgusted expression on his face. Jays' eyes then met Jungwon's, having his lips form into a small smirk before looking back to the girl and holding her hand.

"Princess, is there anything you'd like to do?" Jay asked, looking straight to the girl.

Jungwon was rather surprised by his action. He thought he would be some kind of asshole again and ditch the girl but no, he was being a gentleman. But then he remembered, they're currently at an important party so the guests are obviously important as well. Jay shouldn't be making any idiotic moves for now. After all, proper etiquette and manners are required, considering Jay belongs to one of the seven families.

"I...want to spend some alone time with you."

That's when Jungwon had it. Alone time can only be obtained in a place where there are no people.The nearest place to be alone is obviously the balcony Jungwon is currently staying at.

Thankfully, the balcony was big enough, so Jungwon probably wouldn't have to move out completely of this area. Jungwon took the initiative to walk further in the balcony hallway to give them the space they needed. Jungwon took his place to another corner with another door open behind him.

Jungwon let out a breath and enjoyed the silence he was currently having. he could hear the two flirting few blocks away from him, but Jungwon decided not to bother. It's a waste of time, anyway.

"Jungwon?"

Another familiar voice made Jungwon's eyes widened. he turned around, meeting with the eyes of a familiar person he haven't seen since he left.

As soon as their eyes met, a smile curved into his lips, "Jungwon, it really is you."

Jungwon smiled back, "Jae!."

He walked towards jungwon, joining him in the balcony. "How— why are you here? Did you come back already?"

Jungwon shook his head, "No, not yet."

"Then how were you even able to enter this party?"

Jungwon shrugged, "Jae, we have these what we call connections."

"Do...do they know?"

Jungwon shook his head, "No, and that's exactly why I'm stuck in this balcony. Not like I hate it though."

Jae chuckled, "Right." He then let out a rather loud breath from his nose as he stare at the stars in the sky, "I missed you."

"Of course."