Chapter-26

"Heeseung."

No response.

"Heeseung."

None.

She sighed, resting her chin on her palm, "Heeseung, can you even hear me?"

Heeseung snapped out of his thoughts, "W-what?" He paused, lowering his head, looking at his own reflection on his coffee, "Sorry..."

She sighed again, "You know what? Let's call it a day. Maybe you're just really tired."

"Sorry Miyen..."

She shook her head, "It's fine. You can go ahead, I'll be heading somewhere else first."

He nodded, grabbing his bag and heading to the parking lot to drive off with his car.

Miyen watched as his car went off. She sighed, looking up to the sky, "Guess I have to go see him."

Miyen made her way to Block C. She stood in front of the room, debating within herself whether she should knock or not.

She shook her head, removing her current thoughts, "I'm here anyway."

She knocked three times, fiddling with her fingers in nervousness until someone opened the door. She met with the eyes of a tall guy with a black hair, and an eyes of a cat.

"Um...can I help you?" He asked.

"I-is Sunghoon here?"

Soon, Sunghoon was behind the guy. Noticing Miyen, his eyes slightly widened, "Miyen, what brings you here?"

Taking a deep breath, she said, "Sunghoon, we need to talk."

* * * * *

Heeseung stared at the ceiling again, not even knowing why he's spacing out these days. He held Bambi in his arms, as if he was his source of comfort.

'Sunghoon...'

He couldn't stop thinking about him. He doesn't know why, but there's this feeling of yearning inside him. He's yearning, yearning for Sunghoon. Heeseung missed his voice, his stubborn attitudes. He missed hanging out with him, He missed going out on dates with him. He missed having to pick him up every single morning and drop him off by the end of the day. He miss him, so much that he doesn't even know how to describe his emotions anymore.

'You're so stupid for not realizing your feelings for Sunghoon.'

'Feelings? Do I even have feelings for Sunghoon? What do I really feel about Sunghoon?'

He looked down on Bambi, caressing him.

"Hey Bambi, why am I feeling like this? Why do I miss Sunghoon? Do I...do I possibly have feelings for him?"

Heeseung sighed, tightening his grip on Bambi, "It's Miyen, right? It's Miyen that I love, it's her I should be yearning for."

Heeseung sighed again, shutting his eyes and continued to caress Bambi, until he felt a hole in the stuffed toy. He furrowed his brows and opened his eyes, searching for the hole.

"Shit." Heeseung cursed as he saw a small hole in the back of Bambi's neck. He stood from the bed and searched for sewing kit. Unfortunately, he couldn't find one. He took another glance at Bambi, but then he noticed a black figure from inside the stuffed toy. He grabbed Bambi, examining it further. He tried searching for the audio implanted inside, and it was far from the black figure he saw. it felt..like a rectangular shape?

Out of curiosity, Heeseung grabbed a cutter from his drawer, cutting the fabric a bit more to get a better access. And then he got it.

It was a mixtape.

He immediately went downstairs, where he saw his father reading a newspaper while he drinking his coffee.

"What's the matter, son?" He asked as he noticed Heeseung.

"Dad, do we have a mixtape player here?"

"Mixtape player? Why would you need that?"

"I just...need it, so badly."

"I think we have, it's in the storage room. Although I'm not sure if it's still working."

Heeseung nodded and immediately made his way to the storage room, rummaging through the stuff there until he finally found it. He grabbed it and rushed his way back to his room, plugging the plug into the socket and inserting the mixtape in it.

Heeseung took a deep breath before slowly pressing the play button.

"Ah, ah, mic testing. Is it recording already? Oh, I think it is. Okay, here it goes. Ehem. Hi Heeseung hyung! This is Sunghoon, right here. Soooo, you probably won't even get to hear this message because I'm going to put it inside Bambi. Well, you might but by the time you hear this, I assume the two of us are not even interacting anymore. So, there's actually something I want to tell you. This current fake relationship that we have is something I really hated. I always thought that I'll just be waiting for the time I'll be set free, and that's when you get Miyen back. We even had to make some rules. But...I may have to say sorry because I broke one rule..."

Static.

"Shit." Heeseung hissed, trying to fix the mixtape player. He smacked the head lightly, which surprisingly worked.

"I fell in love with you Heeseung. hyung"

Heeseung's eyes widened, not expecting to hear those words in Sunghoon's voice.

"Haha...I know. I was the one who made the rule, but look at me now. I'm the first one to break it. How stupid right? I know we had a deal that if one of us falls in love, we have to withdraw from the relationship immediately. But...I couldn't just let the things between us go awkward. I love being with you, Heeseung hyung. It made me feel comfort, it made me feel...special. I know, it's stupid of me. But I just want to give this to myself. I want to enjoy it while it lasts.I know someday the two of us are going to have to go on our own separate ways again. Someday, you'll go back to her. It pains me to think of that. But is there something I can do? Falling in love is not a choice. If only I have the control over it, I would erase my feelings for you. But I can't..."

"Sunghoon..."

"Haha, I can't believe I'm even recording this. Would you even hear this someday, Heeseung hyung? It doesn't matter. Because by that time, I'm sure you're happy with someone else. And I hope that by that time, I'm finally over you. That I can only laugh over this stupid and cringe message. Thank you, Heeseung hyung. You were my first true love. But too bad, I won't be able to get together with my first love. It's fine! I'm sure there's still someone out there ready to love me!"

"No..."

"Someone who'll return the same feelings for me...are you still there Heeseung hyung? If you are, I'm surprised you've reached up to this point. I apologize for having you listen to my stupid message. So...uh...I guess that's it? I just wanted to at least express my feelings, though you might not even get to hear this. Hm...should I say it? I don't know..."

Heeseung chuckled, "He's still so cute."

"Hm...okay fine! Lee Heeseung! I love you."

Heeseung's heart dropped.

"Okay...I AM cringing! Ugh, I regret saying that! Oh god, I wish you'll never find this mixtape, EVER. Anyway, that's all! I hope, by now, you are having a great life...even without me by your side. After all, this is just....a fake relationship. Good bye, Lee Heeseung."

"Love, Sunghoon."

Heeseung stared at the mixtape player, not knowing how to gather up his thoughts.

"Shit."

"I think I'm in love with Sunghoon."