*ROCK MEET HARD SPACE*

I felt Lily move and looked at the clock when she got out of bed. It was two fifty eight.  She wasn’t gone long, and she winced when her phone screen came to life. She got back in bed and wiggled her butt in my pelvis to get comfortable. 

    “What’s wrong?” 

    “Johnny stayed at Sergi’s. My parents” She giggled. “I think they got drunk at dinner because neither one of them is undressed and they are laying across the bed like ragdolls.” The image was fairly funny to picture.  

    “I’m glad everyone seems to have let off some steam.” Lily turned in the bed. She was still sleepy but she looked me in the eyes. “Earlier in the shower.” She looked down, biting her bottom lip. “It felt nice to have you touch me. I know that it’s been awhile since” I kissed her. 

    “We’ve both been through a lot. “ I smoothed her hair back away from her face, and pulled her in for another kiss. Just kissing Lily was everything. I felt satisfied. Especially while she needed time. But she pushed me back and settled on my hips. She pressed her palms into my stomach, slightly raising her hips. “Babe” She sighed and rocked back and forth. 

    “Do you still want me?” Her voice was soft and questioning. I growled as I grabbed her hips and ground her down on myself. The whimper that came out of her mouth fueled me. I flipped her on her back. I sat back on my heels with my knees apart. Her legs were one either side of my hips . My hands running all over her body, she arched her back. Her fingertips brushing my knees

    “I want you all the time.” I pulled a nipple into my mouth between my teeth. Her body jerked and she pulled my hair. I gave the other the same treatment before kissing down her center to her hips. Before she  could get the words she was going to say out, I pushed my tongue between her folds. 

    “OH God”  I slipped two fingers inside of her to draw her wetness out. I stroked her inside with the same pace as my tongue. She writhed underneath me and pride welled up inside my chest. Her hips started circling against my mouth. “Giles, mmm, I’m going to..” and with a hard suck of her clit into my mouth, she started chanting my name. Before she could catch her breath I pushed inside of her and she gasped.  Her nails dug into my forearms. 

    I had to steady myself. She felt so good. It felt so good I was almost too quick. I dropped my head to her chest and breathed in her sweaty skin. I had to keep it together for a few minutes at least. I moved slowly inside her, the small sounds coming from her throat making it harder.  I reached between our bodies and used my thumb to rub her button. Her thighs started to shake. She took my wrist and moved one of my hands to her mouth. Underneath my palm the vibrations of her moans were going straight to my cock. 

    “I love you ,Lily” I pounded into her as hard as my hips needed to and she drenched my dick seconds before I exploded inside of her. We held each other as we settled down.  Her face was in between my neck and shoulder. 

    “I love you, Giles.”  We melded into each other and went to sleep. 

    I woke up to an empty bed. It was almost eleven, Ruby and Johnny were probably back. Down stairs in the kitchen, donuts and muffins were all over the table. Lily was sitting next to Ruby, feeding her. She had a big smile on her face today. She giggled at Ruby and then at me when I winked at her. I grabbed a glass of milk and two donuts before sitting down on the other side of her. I kissed her temple and the mmm in her chest made me smile. 

    “Giles,” Lily’s mom called to me. “Your mom said you got letters from several colleges in the mail.” Lily stilled beside me. I looked at her. 

    “You wanna go over with me after breakfast?” She nodded, looking at Ruby. “We’ll take Ruby to play with Eve.” We ate with light conversation and got dressed for the day. We decided to walk over. Ruby liked to run everywhere now. Holding hands with Lily while we walked, I felt like something that had broken was being mended.   “Mom”  The house was quite when he walked in. 

    “Oh, I didn’t expect  you this early.” My mother looked, disheveled. 

    “Who is it?” A man’s voice called out. Then the man appeared. He worked with my father, but I couldn't remember his name. “Oh,” He cleared his throat “Hello, Giles”  My mother was pushing him out of the room. 

    “Brian was just leaving.  Just needed to pick up some things for the office. Hi Lily” She pulled Lily in for a hug. “How are you, darling?” The side door in the kitchen closed. Where the cars are parked in the garage. Hmm. 

    “Tired mostly, but doing ok. I don’t need to tell you what it’s like taking care of a toddler.” My mother finally moved into the kitchen where we kept the mail sorted. “How are you? Has he sent the signed papers back yet?”  As my mother reached for the pile of mail she turned. 

    “Not quite. But let’s table that for now. There are quite a few letters here.” She beamed at me. “Have you started getting acceptance letters yet, Lily?” I watched as the happy, easy Lily I woke up to, vanished.  A pale settled over her face. She picked Ruby up off the floor, setting her on her hip. 

    “I haven’t actually applied yet. I was going to over Christmas break, but..” My mother hugged Lily. But I was confused. We had discussed her submitting applications. 

    “Hey, it’s ok. There is always time. You are a very smart girl. You’ll have your pick of colleges, I just know it.”  Eve cried over the monitor sitting on the counter. “She had a fussy night. I’m going to go get her '' After my mother left I turned to her. 

    “I thought you applied when you were away. We talked about it” She sighed, almost angrily. “Let’s go up to my room.” I closed the door as we walked in. “I thought you submitted the same time I did?” She flashed me hard eyes. 

    “Yeah, well I was a little busy trying to keep my shit together after losing a child my boyfriend freaked the fuck out about.” This was the first time she had gotten hostile with me since she had gotten home. We had all been so distracted.  I had wondered if we were ever going to have this conversation.  

    “I know that I handled that very poorly.” She took in a deep breath. 

    “Poorly? I asked you, clear and up front about it. When it happened you turned on me in two seconds. Then I was supposed to just move on and apply to college, plan my future, like nothing happened. Like a fucking teenage boy that doesn’t have to deal with the consequences.” Her face was flushed, eyes narrowed. Her chest was rising and falling quickly. 

    “I didn’t have to deal with the consequences?” My chest tightened. Anger bloomed. 

    “That is what I said. What did you have to do, Giles? Did your body miscarry? Did I accuse you of fucking other girls? Did you have to go to treatment? Do you have everyone in school talking about how sad it is for you? About how your boyfriend is most likely just staying with you out of guilt? Hmm?  I’m sorry your father is a piece of shit, but I have a drug addict in my family. So let's really compare who had it the worst.” She was shaking when she finally stopped speaking. 

    The anger in her hurt. She was angry with me. Some of that was my fault. But for her to act like it didn’t affect me at all hurt too. 

    “I lost a child too, Lily. I lost my girlfriend. You aren’t the same person. I may not have it as bad as you, but I have felt loss.” She furrowed her brows. 

    “I’m not the same person?" She folded her arms across her chest." I’m so sorry I”m not the happy girl who was completely in awe of you anymore. It must be so hard.” She rolled her eyes, and exhaled, exasperated. "I have not had five minutes to think about myself in months, Giles. I don't even know what I want anymore. It's great that so many colleges are jazzed to have you. I’m really excited at all your opportunities. " She walked to the door. "You should stay home for a couple of days.  I need...space"