8: Help Me Out Here

The sound of the Nomu's was almost as overwhelming as the smell. 

Steady, slow heartbeats. Irregular too. And they were all going at once. Yuji felt slightly panicked the longer he remained around the creatures, even through the warehouse wall. He couldn't count them because of how irregular they were so he had no idea how many were in there. 

His best guess was a number between 'woah' and 'too fucking many'. 

He really wished he had more deadly weapons with him. The closest he had was a pocket knife he used to cut zip ties. If his last fight against a Nomu was anything to go off of, it'd take a lot more than a pocket knife to kill them. 

But as stated before the smell of the place was worse. Normal people would probably think it smelled just as bad as every other abandoned looking warehouse on the street. Some discerning few would say it smelled worse. 

To Yuji it smelled like death. 

Nothing but rotting and decaying flesh. 

Hence his current position. 

"You can do this." He whispered to himself, wiping the vomit off his bottom lip. "Come on Yuji, you've got this.". 

Smacking himself lightly on the cheek he bounced to his feet and took a deep breath. He pulled the mask back down over his nose and mouth before he started climbing the warehouse. 

He finally reached the roof after a few minutes. The fresh air and light breeze was doing him wonders. Yuji slowly crept along the dilapidated and frankly dangerous looking roof until he found a gap. 

His breath caught in his throat. Chambers. Chambers upon chambers filled with growing and fully formed Nomu. The sight was horrifying but slightly reassuring. They weren't conscious. Much easier to get rid of. 

Yuji eyed the grappling hook he had made. It was a combined effort between himself and some random woman on the internet who posted a half assed tutorial to a prop version of the device, really. Taking a deep breath he pointed the device at a metal beam in the ceiling and lowered himself into the lab, sticking close to the roof. 

He looked around the lab to see most people were concentrated in one area, having some sort of phone meeting. 

"The heroes are approaching." One voice, a man, said over the phone. "What do you want us to do?". 

"Release the Nomu.". Yuji shivered when he heard the voice. It was the guy from the mall! It had to be. 

Quickly, the boy lowered himself further to the ground and dropped down. The sound of his boots hitting the floor was luckily drowned out by the conversation happening up ahead. He started hearing other voices too, but they sounded more garbled. They must be further away. 

"They're not finished forming. Someone other than All Might could defeat them in this state. We need more time-no. Yes. I understand. But if we moved locations-". The person stopped. 

Yuji hadn't made any noise, but he could definitely hear someone shuffling around outside. One of the people in that little 'focus group' must have heard them too. 

The boy was about to place a little electrocution device on the first Nomu tank he had the courage to get close too when he heard something. 

"Midoriya, we should head back. There are so many Nomu in there...its not safe.". 

No. What the fuck?! No. Nope. Absolutely not. 

Yuji dropped to his knees slowly and started crawling across the floor. He would be in the sightline of the group of weirdos if he stayed on his face.