30: The Warning Signs

"Dude do you think you could make me a jet pack?" Kaminari asked as Yuji fit him for his disk launcher.

It shot out tiny electrocuting disks from Kaminari's forearm and he needed to make sure it fit perfectly otherwise it would be disastrous. "Let me just tighten this up and-perfect!" The teen smiled.

"Oh and by the way the answer is no to the jetpack." Yuji said, picking up his note book to check over the specs for the disks so he could explain it to Kaminari. 

"Why not? You could totally make them!" 

"Because I'm already doing a rush job for you." Yuji teased, "Contrary to popular belief around here, I'm not actually a support weapon designer. We're just pretending I am.". 

"Hey just because that third year said it was okay to use their name to get your stuff approved doesn't mean you didn't make it!" Kirishima said passionately, "You're like some sort of super genius! I've never seen someone do all of this so quickly. And they all work too.". He seemed quite satisfied with his own weapon, super tough magnetic handcuffs. Yuji had developed an extra durable shirt for him too using the same material he used in his own suit but Kirishima had insisted that going shirtless was better. 

"That's not what I mean." Yuji laughed. "I just mean I'm not actually some future star in the industry, so you don't have to thank me like I just gave you cutting edge technology.". 

"But you did!" Mina insisted, as she skated around the room, destroying things with her new acid water guns (they had twice the range her own blasts did with basically no effort, as long as she refilled them with the canisters he gave her to fill). 

"How do you test these things anyways? Or are we using them for the first time?" Kaminari asked, aiming and firing a disk at the wall. 

"I have a lot of space in the gym, so I test them there." The teen lied. 

He tested them in the field, obviously. Half of their support weapons were just variations of things he made for himself honestly, but he changed them to suit their quirks. 

"They are impressive." Todoroki said, looking through his visor. That one had taken quite a lot of work. More programing than anything else by a landslide. It displayed his internal temperature and the temperature of his extremities. Hopefully Yuji made the sensors in his boots and bracelets strong enough, but if they weren't  he made Todoroki promise to message him and he'd make him more. 

"Oh-it fell off...". The amount of anxiety that shot through Yuji when he heard that was immeasurable. Something had broken already? Hopefully it wasn't something too important. God if it was he just might have to jump out the window right here right now. 

Okay, maybe he was a little high strung at the moment. 

"Damn, I liked that keychain." Sero sighed, pocketing the tiny fish. Yuji breathed a silent sigh of relief. The battle training was in less than 24 hours. He couldn't fix anything if it broke now. 

Izuku finally looked away from his gloves. He had been fiddling with them ever since he got them. At first he was nervous they wouldn't be as strong as Hatsume's, but it seemed fine. Maybe even a little stronger, but somehow they retained most of their range of motion. 

But instead of admiring them, he was now admiring Yuji. 

It was more than a crush at this point he had to admit. 

"You're amazing! To learn the ins and outs of so many quicks at once and to develop these so quicky-its insane! Thank you so much Yuji!" He absolutely gushed. 

Yuji felt his cheeks tinge pink at the flattery. "Anything for you sweetpea." He said with a lop-sided grin. 

"Still flirting with my boyfriend?" Katsuki grumbled, laying his head on Izuku's shoulder. He refused to acknowledge the fact he was doing so either, and neither did Izu.