37: Catch 22

"This push pop is really hitting the spot.". 

"Yuji, how many times am I going to have to tell you that's a glue stick and to take it out of you mouth?!" 

"Well considering you've said it ten times and I haven't stopped yet, my best guess is eleven.". 

"Little shit." 

"Old man." 

Yuji took the glue stick out of his mouth to reveal a bright blue piece of candy. Aizawa rolled his eyes, having suspected that from the very beginning. Only Yuji would put candy in a glue stick casing. 

Well, that wasn't true. Lots of people had probably thought about it and liked the idea, but Yuji was the only one that would spend the time to actually do it. 

But to be fair, Yuji had every right to be nervous and doing weird shit. 

Suddenly being called to meet principal Nezu wasn't exactly standard. Especially because Yuji didn't even go to U.A. 

"You can come in now Namura!" The rat-dog-mouse-person said, poking his head out of the office. "My conference call ran long, I do apologize.". 

"That's alright." Yuji said with a blinding smile, popping the lid back on the candy and tossing it to Shota. 

"So I think the main problem here is I'm a barbie girl and let me tell you, this is not a barbie world.". 

Nezu smiled at the teen in front of him. "How does Aizawa patrol with you regularly?" He asked, "Honestly I don't know how the two of you would manage to get anything done.". 

Yuji was initially startled by the realization that Nezu knew who he was, or at least suspected it strongly enough to say it to his face. But the principal was a know super genius, Yuji would have been disappointed if he didn't know. 

"Well he did lock me in a car once, so its up for debate how much work we get done together." He answered, taking a sip of the glass of water Nezu had given him. 

The principal smiled. "I'm sure that's a very entertaining story, but I'd like to cut to the chase.". 

Yuji nodded and waited. "We have a lot to offer each right now. You've created some of the best support items I've seen in my tenure as principal." Nezu explained, "And I have a contact with a memory erasing quirk that could silence those remaining gang members who saw your face.". 

"I'm flattered. I think my support items are rather average though. Nothing compared to your support classes, I'm sure." Yuji said humbly. 

"There are a few bright stars, but your career as a vigilante allows you to see so many more gaps in technology." Nezu continued,  "I've mostly looked at these,". He pulled a few of the support weapons that Yuji made for the joint training. You know, the ones class 1-A promised wouldn't be able to be traced back to him? Yeah, those. 

"But what I'm really interested in is a weapon you've been using recently in the field. Or at least I've heard you've been using. Feel free to dispel the rumors if its untrue." Nezu said with a smile. 

"The anti gravity device?". 

Ah. That made sense. 

"Its true." Yuji said with a smile, "I've been using it to break my falls as I've swung into brick walls a bit to often with the grappling hook. Its great to move from building to building, not to stop a fall.". 

Nezu had a fascinated glint in his eye. "I'd like to offer you a place at U.A and the total erasure of your face from the memories of those who saw it, in exchange for a chance to help you build your tech.".