20: Can You Believe That?

Aizawa and Midoriya were both standing around, relatively uninjured after the fight and waiting to be told if they could go back to U.A.

"Where is Yuji right now?" Midoriya asked, his voice sounding numb. 

"Yuji?" Aizawa asked, confused. Midoriya leveled him with a severe look. 

"I know." He croaked out. "So stop pretending you don't. I just want to make sure he's safe.". 

A silence settled over them. 

"How do you know Yuji?" Aizawa decided to ask. "You've never mentioned him, at least not that I can remember off the top of my head.". 

"You know that friend I made on the train? The one Kacchan and I fought about a couple times?". 

Aizawa took a breath in through clenched teeth. They knew each other? He hadn't seen that one coming. Oh god he had told Yuji about himself once or twice then when discussing the class's daily activities. 

That was just the sort of thing Yuji was never going to drop. Aizawa would be hearing about that every day from not until forever. 

"He's at U.A with Eri. He's been staying in the teacher's dorms with Hizashi and I and babysitting her in the medical wing. She'll be transferred to a proper hospital for all her evaluations today, now that we don't have to worry about the Shie Hassaikai going after her. And Yuji can go home." Aizawa explained, "He's perfectly safe and healthy.". 

"Good." Izuku said, nodding to himself. "How long have you known?". 

"Since the Shino Tower incident. He was pretty badly injured and I took his mask off. Of course, I had no idea who he was, just that he was way to young to be doing what he was doing.". 

Izuku nodded and clenched his fist. 

"You'll figure it out. You're all good kids." Aizawa said simply. 

Izuku wasn't so sure. 

------------ ------------ ----------- ------------ ----------- ---------- ------------ ------------ 

"I am very uncomfortable with the energy we have created in the studio today." 

"Could you take something seriously, for once in your life?" Aizawa asked, holding his head in his hands. 

"Nope." Yuji responded.

But seriously he was dying. 

This was the worst fucking case scenario. 

"And you're sure no one else heard?" He clarified. 

"Well, Nighteye might have heard. Mirio maybe. But no one else. And they haven't said a word to the police, probably because they think you still have some semblance of an allegiance to them." Aizawa explained. 

"Motherfucker." Yuji groaned. "Two more people! The police could be showing up at my mom's place at any minute to arrest me for vigilantism. They'd have heart attacks! I told them I'd tone down the heroing!". 

"Well maybe you shouldn't have lied to them." The older challenged. Yuji just glared at him. 

"You're not helping old man." He said, rubbing his temples. "Oh god I'm going to lose both of my new friends and get arrested and my moms are going to beat my ass all in one day.". 

Aizawa took a moment to think about things. "Do you regret it?" He asked. 

"Regret what?". 

"What happened at Shino Tower, saving Eri, having you identity outed to so many people. Does it ever make you regret getting involved in vigilantism and hero work?".