29: Take A Chance On Me

"Is it just me or did you get more muscular?". 

Izuku's face flushed bright red as Yuji pinched his bicep, which admittedly didn't move much because of the muscle. 

"I mean, I've seen pictures from when you were smaller, and you were cute as hell then too but damn. Hero training really does pack on the muscle huh?" Yuji said, his smile subtly twisting into a smirk. 

"And princess, did you do something different with your hair? It looks softer and less spiky than normal.". Yuji emphasized the concept by running his fingers through Katsuki's hair, leaving them there for a moment before pulling back. "It suits you.". 

The couple, who were sitting on either side of Yuji made frantic eye contact. They hadn't planned for this! 

Just a week ago after Yuji defeated those weird three villains Midoriya and Bakugou had finally had the 'do we want a third person (Yuji) in this relationship' talk. 

Izuku had been pretty head over heels for Yuji since he smiled at him that day on the train and Katsuki's crush on Ghost had been subtly building since he ended up on top of the guy in Kamino. Of course at the time he had thought Ghost was some random adult but now that everything was cleared up, the feelings were still there. 

So they had pretty much decided that yeah, they want Yuji. 

But getting him...that was another story. 

They were awkward. Lets not sugarcoat it. Two childhood friends with anger issues and hero complex's bigger than All Might's biceps weren't exactly the most attractive romantic partners on the face of the earth. 

Especially if you were Namura Yuji, had navy blue hair, big golden eyes and a mouth that went a mile a minute and made everyone laugh so hard their sides hurt. How could they hope to snag with mr. perfect, top of every teenager in Masutafu's list?!

Seriously, random teenagers would just approach them in malls or public spaces to ask for his number. 

And the worst part of all of this was that Yuji would say yes and a week later they were best friends and going to see the newest blockbuster together! Then he was bringing them chicken soup to help with a cold! 

He was everywhere with everyone all the time! 

Honestly it was a miracle they had managed to hold him down as a friend this long. 

"You two broken or something?" Yuji asked, tilting his head to the side, "You're not responding.". 

"Oh um right." Izuku stuttered. 

"What the loser is failing to say is we asked you to come here for a reason and not just to mess up my hair." Katsuki grumbled. 

"But of course, princess. What can I do for you, my liege?" Yuji said dramatically. 

"We have special training against 1-B coming up soon." Izuku explained, "And a couple people in 1-A, us included, were wondering if you could make us some new support items.". 

"Me?" Yuji asked confused. 

"Of course you!" Izuku gushed, "All of your gadgets are amazing and super reliable.". 

Yuji blushed slightly. "Alright then. What do you guys have in mind?".

------------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ------------ ------------ ----------- 

And that's how Yuji, Izuku, Katsuki and several more 1-A students that wanted to get the jump on 1-B ended up trying to break into the support class's labs to steal some material.