35: Enough Hands To Hold Both Of Yours

Isamu didn't really get scared. She had been a pro boxer for years, no man in a dark alley or villain attack ever made her nervous. No dip in business made her lay awake at night. Not even the retirement of the symbol of peace had made her fear for her well being. 

But right now, standing in front of a set of double doors, not sure what she would see inside, she was nervous. 

Ayako took her wife's hand and squeezed it in reassurance. 

Aizawa was the one who took the initiative and pushed open the doors. The next hallway was nearly identical to the one they were standing in. Stark light grey walls and linoleum floors. The entire place looked sterile, which made perfect sense but was in no way reassuring. 

Officer Hado turned the moment the doors open, getting up from the chair he had been sitting in. His eyes immediately zeroed in on a dark blue haired woman who looked like an older female version of Yuji. Holding her hand was a woman with bright red hair and glowing eyes. Something in his head clicked in that moment, looking at the pair's worried faces. And he just....he just knew. 

"Are you his parents?" The officer asked. The pair nodded and then immediately stopped and looked at each other. They exchanged some sort of look before turning back to the officer. "Great. He just got here 10 minutes ago, so no one's spoken to him yet. Hawks just left.". 

"I'm sure he already knows we're here." Ayako said, moving to open the door. 

"Are you kidding?" Aizawa asked, following her lead, "He knew the second we entered the building.". 

"Uh sir only family is allowed inside-" Hado began. Aizawa glared at him threateningly. 

"I'm a pro hero." He said simply, "And I think you know which one. So back off before one of us stabs you.". His tone was so matter of fact and the atmosphere was so tense, Hado backed down immediately. There was no need to keep someone who needed to be there away. 

Still, he was shocked. He had assumed Eraserhead and Ghost had a working relationship only. Ghost was known to be an informant for the underground hero, but he didn't know they knew each other so well that the pro would show up to see him. 

Ayako pushed the doors open and felt her breath catch in her throat. 

Yuji looked rough. He had a black eye forming and a bruised cheek on the other side. There was a cut just above his eyebrow that had a butterfly bandage keeping it closed and two more bandages below the same eye. He was shiftless with his ribs bandaged tightly, obviously broken. He was also wearing noise cancelling headphones, that obviously weren't doing much for him at the moment. 

"Hey mom." He said with a wide smile. "I figured you'd show up here soon, considering Hawks and a police officer brought me in. By the way-I've never been inside the hero ward of a hospital before, this place is crazy.". 

Ayako rushed over to him, gently looping her arms around his shoulder and hugging him. Yuji's smile settled into something less energetic and softer. He looked over at where Isamu was, doing the same thing on his other side. "Hey ma.". 

"We reported you missing hours ago." Isamu said, her voice tight, tears threatening to fall, "When that police officer told us you were brought to the hospital-I assumed the worst.". 

"Well its definitely not the worst." Yuji assured her, "I'm bruised with a broken rib, but other than that I'm okay. I promise.". 

Aizawa looked over the injuries and over to officer Hado. 

"What the hell happened?" He asked angrily. Yuji smiled slightly. 

"Its kind of a long story," 

--------- ----------- ----------- ---------- ----------- ----------- -----------