33: The Great Escape

"What are you going to do with me now?" Yuji asked, genuinely curious. 

"Arrest you." Officer Hado said without a moment's hesitation. "What did you think would happen?". 

"Well at this point I'd expect to have the shit beaten out of me a little more. No one's even broken anything yet." The vigilante joked. 

"Now it sounds like you're asking me to bring one of those idiots back in here so they can beat you up as revenge. Aren't you injured enough already?" Hado questioned. 

Yuji took a moment to spit more blood out of his mouth before answering. "I've had way worse. You should know that, considering you've been fucking stalking me.". 

"Look kid-" 

"No, shut the fuck up." Yuji practically growled, "You don't get to 'look kid' me. If you thought I was a kid you wouldn't have drugged me, allowed me to be kidnapped by people who are planning to kill both of us, so don't fucking call me a kid.". 

He never wanted people to see his age. So what if he was 15? What did it matter in situations like these? Aizawa always thought his age should hold him back too, but Yuji had learned to just ignore those comments. 

Hado sighed and opened his mouth, prepared to chew Yuji out, but stopped himself. "Planning to kill us?" He said, confused. 

"Yeah dipshit. I can hear them planning it right now. They've got us surrounded and you're alone waiting for backup. What the fuck did you think was going to happen?!" The teen asked angrily. This idiot was going to get them both murdered. 

"Fuck. Backups already coming as fast as they can." Hado said through gritted teeth. They were sitting ducks. And there was only one exit from where they were and it was down two flights of stairs in a building crawling with clowns. "What are we gonna do?" He thought aloud. 

"I know what we're gonna do." Yuji said, spitting up more blood. It was starting to get concerning. "You're gonna find my gear, use the rotating bone saw I have in there to get me out of these chains and I'm gonna fight my way out of here until we're both safe.". 

"Both safe?" Hado repeated. 

"I'm not gonna leave you here to get shot." Yuji said simply, "Contrary to what you think, I am kind of a hero.". 

Hado paused once for a moment. He was kind of...impressed. For a teenage vigilante Ghost wasn't at all what he expected. 

He hadn't expected someone with so much conviction. 

"Wait," He realized, "you have a rotating bone saw?". 

------------ ----------- ---------- ----------- ---------- ---------- ------------ 

Yuji's moms went straight to the police station to report him missing, calling Aizawa, Midoriya and Bakugou to show up too when they needed more people. Plus the police needed screenshots of Yuji's last known interaction. 

Currently they were waiting to hear if he had turned up at any stations in the area inside a tiny 'family waiting room'. The atmosphere wasn't awkward, but tense. Everyone was too nervous to break the ice. 

"We should probably..." Ayako said, looking over at Isamu, who nodded. She fished around in her pocket and produced a small piece of paper. 

'In case of emergencies' it read with a tiny winking face next to it. 

"A phone number?" Aizawa thought aloud, turning the scrap over. Isamu nodded. 

"He gave it to us one night randomly before we even found out who he was." She explained, "I figured you should be the one to call, since you know more about dangerous situations like these than we do.".