9: Partners In (Not) Crime

"I'm glad that you're both okay. I was so worried when you told me it was you who did that massive jump on the news." Yuji said. 

Midoriya smiled. "Well I had to get Kacchan back as soon as possible." He said, blushing. "And we did have help. Ghost, the vigilante was there. If he hadn't been we would have walked right into All For One's trap like those pros.". 

"Ghost?" Yuji echoed. He prayed that his acting was better than he thought it was because right now he did not sound convincing. "Isn't that a bit above his pay grade?". 

The answer was obviously yes. He helped little old ladies, caught rat themed criminals and helped people get home safe. 90% of his job was boring as shit and cold and or damp. Fighting alongside pro heroes in a covert rescue operation was NOT in his wheelhouse. 

"I don't think so." Midoriya said excitedly. "He saved us and I got my boyfriend back with no issues. Just some broken ribs, which he actually figured out first.". 

"How the fuck do you even hear something like that?" Bakugou asked, more to himself than anyone else, but Yuji answered nonetheless. 

"A cracking sound maybe?" He said innocently. "I mean, it could be possible for someone to hear it. They'd just have to have very sensitive ears and be really close to you.". Midoriya's eyes flashed with mischief. 

"Well...he was pretty close to you Kacchan." The green haired teen said with a smirk. Bakugou went bright red. His heartbeat sped up as he glared at his boyfriend. "Come on, you were right on top of the guy!" He giggled.

"Shut the fuck up..." Bakugou grumbled, but it was useless. He already looked incredibly flustered. His heart was beating out of his chest. Yuji blushed faintly. Did Bakugou really like Ghost-er Yuji? He had no way of knowing they were the same people. 

God why was his life so confusing? Yuji pushed the thoughts of vigilantism and being attracted to both his new friends aside and went back to enjoying their little reunion. 

--------- --------- --------- --------- ------- ---------- --------- 

"Thank you.". 

Yuji smirked and turned around. He had heard the man approach the rooftop for the past few minutes. 

"Whatever for Eraserhead?" He asked. The man walked up until they were only a few feet away. 

"For helping my students and for assisting them in saving Bakugou." The man explained. "I'm glad someone with more experience in the field was there, even if I would have sent them all home immediately.". 

"Believe me, I tried." He said with a laugh. "But I got a lot of good footage of the inside of the Nomu making facility. Hopefully there's something in there that can lead me to whoever was helping the league make them.". Yuji turned to the pro hero. "It was my pleasure to assist, Eraserhead.". 

"Aizawa." The man corrected. Yuji made a confused noise. "My real name is Aizawa Shota." He said, his voice gruff, "If I can trust you with my kids I can trust you with my name.". 

"Aw Scrooge you're gonna make me tear up." Yuji teased. "But thanks.". He heard the honesty in the man's voice and didn't hear any of the heart-skipping effects of lying. 

It probably would have been easy to figure out Eraserhead's identity, but it meant more that the man himself was telling him. 

Honestly it made Yuji feel kind of bad when he realized he'd never be able to tell Eraserhead his name. It was a risk he couldn't take, not when he was a minor. 

"I've got an opportunity, if you'd like to take it." The man hero offered. Yuji quirked an eyebrow, even though the man couldn't see it. Eraserhead chucked a burner phone at him and Yuji caught it easily.