Different wavelengths

Jungkook only scrutinized Taehyung's expression and did not press him for a reply. He recapped the soy milk bottle and casually mentioned, "I haven't settled the score with you for the socks."

"What socks, I don't know what you're talking about."

Jungkook raised the hand holding the bottle and extended the bottle to prop up Taehyung's chin. He lightly raised it and forced him to lift his face. Jungkook said, "Who are you pretending for."

This gesture made Taehyung inexplicably feel like he had been mocked. He irately slapped away the bottle and furiously glared at him. "You lunatic, don't think that I don't dare to beat you up!"

His eyes were rounded from glaring and his dark pupils were bright. With his hackles raised, he seemed like some small cat or tiger that had been provoked. His expression was tense as if he was about to face a huge enemy. His teenage face was softly curved and his wheat-colored skin was tinted an orange-red by the glow of the setting sun. At first glance, he gave off the impression that he was more bashful than angry.

"You broke your promise." Jungkook mildly said.

Taehyung's neck stiffened. He thuggishly said, "So what?"

"I'm going to punish you," Saying this, Jungkook did not wait for his response before raising his hand and pinching Taehyung's face.

Taehyung: "......"

Warm and lightly calloused fingers pressed against his skin. The sensation was not painful but it made him feel humiliated.

After Jungkook let go, Taehyung rubbed his face. Feeling a little speechless, he looked at him. "Jungkook, are you a pervert?"

He ignored Taehyung and turned to leave, one hand on the bag strap hanging over his shoulder and the other mindlessly tossing the soy milk bottle that was still in his hand. 

Taehyung caught up with him on his skates and kept pace with him. In a cautionary tone, he said, "Jungkook, I'm warning you. You can't fall in love with me. We're not suitable for each other. The two of us are on completely different wavelengths."

Jungkook burst into laughter. He gave him a sideways glance, his eyes full of disdain. "I beg you, please go back and take a good look at yourself in the mirror. Don't worry, even if every other human in the world has died, I still won't choose you."

Taehyung crossed his arms. "Ohhhhh right. You can still have sex with an alien."

Jungkook: = =

Taehyung held his chin and shook his head. "I'm different from you. If all the men in the world have died and you're the only one left, I'll..."

Jungkook raised a brow. "You'll what?"

Taehyung gave a brilliant smile. "I'll lock you up and give you a good thrashing."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Lunatic."

"And then..." He suddenly snickered sinisterly, his smug laughter full of evil intent and a hint of lewdness.

Jungkook's brows ticked. He thought, could it be that this rascal planned to get it on with him after trashing him? That pervert!

Taehyung: "Then, I'll let you watch that kind of film."

Jungkook: Heh, there's even foreplay.

Taehyung: "And then, I'll let someone collect all your 'children' and store them in the hospital. In the future, whenever someone wants a baby, they can go to the hospital for artificial insemination."

Jungkook: "......"

What a refreshingly "unique" train of thought.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook with disappointment. "See, while you were thinking of having sex with an alien, I came up with a solution for the great concern of how to continue the human race. You can see for yourself. I'm on a completely different level from you."

Jungkook replied testily, "Who's thinking of having sex with an alien..."

Taehyung continued the scenario in the head till the point where Jungkook died from excessive ejaculation. Pleased with this outcome, he whistled and skated off. 

Looking at his back view, Jungkook thought, this rascal certainly did not skate over from this direction... At this thought, he turned his head and looked towards the sports field.

Over there, the forgotten Eunwoo and Nayeon were still carrying Taehyung's stuff. At this moment, they were awkwardly looking at him.

Jungkook touched his nose and looked at the sky. He pretended to turn nonchalantly and escaped the scene.

......

That night, the battle on the sports field spread like wildfire on WeChat. As a result of this incident, Taehyung gained a little fame. There was even someone who added him on WeChat and confessed. The next day, when he was having lunch in the canteen, a female senior recognized him and treated him to a chicken drumstick.

As he munched on the drumstick, Taehyung was extremely pleased with himself. He asked Jungkook, "Jungkook, you're also considered someone famous in school. Have anyone bought you a drumstick before?"

Jungkook could not be bothered to respond. He was a little lifeless today because he had a terrible dream last night.

Eunwoo paused eating and lifted his head. He told Taehyung, "Boss, the club president is hosting a dinner at the Sky Yard tomorrow night. Are you coming?"

Taehyung was puzzled. "Your club dinner? Why would I be there?"

"It's not a club dinner. The club president wants to treat all those who helped to resolve this crisis to a meal."

"Oh, I see. What time is it at?"

"6 pm. Oh, right." At this, a mysterious smile appeared on Eunwoo's face. He lowered his voice and said, "Boss, the cutie that you've set your sights on will be there as well."

Taehyung stared blankly. "What cutie?"

"That dude whom you tried to pick up with soy milk when we were having supper together previously. Have you forgotten? He's from the figure skating team and was also there yesterday. You didn't see him?"

Taehyung did not reply to his question and only asked, "What was he doing there yesterday?"

"Well, the club president originally planned to ask the figure skating team for help and so invited him over. He's called Wong Yukhei and it's said that he's an extremely gifted youth. He's only 17 this year. Boss, you're going to be a cradle robber."

Taehyung used his chopsticks to rap Eunwoo's head. "What nonsense. Eat your lunch."

Eunwoo proceeded to take two bites before once again lifting his head and asked, "Eh, Boss, so are you going or not?"

"Going. Why not."

Hearing this, Jungkook who was silently eating at the side lightly snorted. "Humph."