Convince by actions

After finishing supper and returning to his dorm, Taehyung had just put down his stuff when a call from Yukhei summoned him out again.

He tugged on a jacket and went downstairs. Yukhei stood beneath the street light, half of his body illuminated by the light and the other half in the dark. The contrast of light and darkness emphasized his tall and straight figure. In the surroundings, people on the street chattered and laughed as they passed by the area. Against the mundane buzz of the world, Yukhei seemed to have carved out his domain. Indifferent and reserved, he was the sole center of this world.

That was strange. Taehyung scratched his head. Yukhei did not look like someone cold and unapproachable. However, he occasionally gave people the impression that he was an aloof person. Was it due to his introverted and quiet nature?

As Taehyung walked over, Yukhei lifted his eyes and saw Taehyung approach. Yukhei smiled at him.

With this one smile, his faint dimple appeared at once; it was a lively spark that brightened up his entire face. The aloof impression he gave immediately vanished into thin air.

"What's up?" Taehyung tightened his jacket around his and asked.

Yukhei's expression was a little conflicted. He hesitated for a while before answering, "Taehyung, I think that Jungkook is a bit strange."

"Oh, I thought something major happened... He's been strange all along." Taehyung raised his hand and pointed at his temple. "There's something wrong with him here."

With how he sprouted nonsense with a straight face, Yukhei was unable to tell whether he was joking. Thus, he asked, "Did he fall and hit his head in the past?"

"Not that I recall... Why did you suddenly mention him? Did he bully you?"

"No. But the way he looks at me is very strange."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

Taehyung held his chin as he tried and failed to guess what Jungkook was up to this time.

Yukhei watched Taehyung's expression. He pursed his lips and said, "Taehyung, can we not eat lunch with Jungkook tomorrow?"

"Oh?" Taehyung peered at Yukhei curiously.

"I don't want to hang out with him. And..." Yukhei lowered his head and did not meet Taehyung's eyes. Yukhei gaze landed on his shadow on the ground. He said softly, "I don't want to see you hang out with him either."

Seeing how bashful he looked, Taehyung found Yukhei more and more endearing. He quirked his lips and said, "Sure, I'll let him know."

——

Taehyung also felt that he should keep a distance from Jungkook. It was not nice to always be misunderstood by others either. Furthermore, Jungkook might have had someone he liked as well. It would be terrible if he hindered Jungkook's pursuit of love.

Using the thoughtful and professional tone of a business manager, Taehyung messaged Jungkook and expressed his desire to maintain a distance in consideration of their interests. He also mentioned that he would not be having lunch with him tomorrow and so on.

After sending out the message, he did not receive a reply even after a while.

Taehyung was preparing to shower when Jungkook's call came in.

"Come down." Jeon only spoke two words.

Thus, Taehyung tugged on his jacket, slipped on her slippers, and once again pitter-pattered downstairs.

Jungkook's arms were crossed as he leaned against the street light. He stood with one foot on the ground and the other pressing against the vertical pole. The light shining down from above slightly softened his domineering stance.