Resolution (2)

Taehyung was as exhausted as a dog. He panted heavily, unable to even speak when his teammates all came over to hug him. Jimin gazed at him from the side while leaning on his crutches, an odd grimace on his face that was torn between elation and annoyance.

When Taehyung went to hug Jimin, Jimin did not brush him off.

Eunji came over from the coaches' stand and reminded them, "Gold medallists' interview. The reporters are waiting."

"Oh right!" The few boys clapped their heads. They had forgotten that the winners would be interviewed as they never thought that they could have won.

Faced with the black camera in front of the reporter, everyone was extremely nervous. When the reporter asked them questions, they would all glance at Taehyung and wait for him to answer.

Taehyung was bold and not shy at all. His replies were slick and confident.

The reporter asked, "How do all of you think you did today?"

Taehyung replied, "Still fine, we merely executed what we practiced during training."

At the side, Eunji scoffed silently, you're too kind. I don't see you achieving such results during regular training.

The reporter continued, "Your performance today was fantastic, especially for the last two laps. The entire audience was greatly aroused by your performance."

Taehyung replied, "Honestly speaking, my contribution is limited. I only leveraged the edge that my teammates gained for us. The result of the relay was due to our collective effort."

The reporter commented, "RCU has improved greatly from last year."

Taehyung said, "Yes, that's due to our school's excellent leadership, our coach's guidance, and our extensive training and research. We will improve even further with time."

Teacher Hong asked Eunji secretly, "Eh, who taught him this?"

Eunji shrugged. "Who knows..."

The reporter was amused at Taehyung's eager and practiced replies. She continued asking, "After winning the gold medal, who do you wish to thank most?"

Here! The moment's here! Sitting in front of the television, Principal Kim could not help straightening up when he heard this question.

Go on, thank your father, me.

Though filled with envy and annoyance, the four grandparents all pretended to disdain his preening look.

At this moment, on the television, Taehyung's large and lively eyes gleamed. He beamed toward the camera. "I wish to thank Jeon Jungkook!"

Principal Kim, "..............."

That bastard!!!

All four elders looked at him with eyes filled with sympathy and schadenfreude. Then, they started to discuss who Jeon Jungkook was.

Taehyung seemed to recall his promise to his 'sponsors'. He added quickly, "And also my dad, mom, both grandpas, and grandmas!"

Nevertheless, this was not enough to mend Principal Kim's completely broken heart.

At the other end, when the reporter heard how Taehyung thanked so many people at once, he dabbed his temples awkwardly. Taehyung nudged his teammates after he finished speaking. "Go on, a thank you speech!"

His teammates started thanking people with reddened faces.

The reporter felt that it was way too amusing how this bunch of athletes managed to make the interview seem like a party.