Difficulty: Hard

It was only on the next day when Taehyung reported to the west wing and obtained the ice skating gears that his heart which had been highly strung for the entire period finally relaxed.

It was a dream come true.

At the same time, his curiosity was piqued.

"Coach Jung, may I know why you changed your mind?" Taehyung could not hold in his curiosity and asked her quietly.

"Rather than having the energy to mull over this, why not put in the effort to think about how to regain your muscles within the shortest time." Coach Jung pointed to the pile of items that Taehyung held. She rapped the box holding a pair of skates at the very top. "This pair of skates alone is 4,800 won."

Taehyung was aware of its value. He owned a pair himself and usually brought his skates to the ice rink to show off. However, he had used that pair of skates for quite a long and it was time to switch.

This was the greatest drawback of ice sports; too much money was needed. Speed skating was already considered cheap compared to the others. For instance, Yukhei's figure skating required him to have his team and engage people to specially design his clothes and choreograph his programs. Next, looking at Jungkook, his years of ice hockey had chalked up an astronomical sum based on his equipment and coach training fees alone. Furthermore, he would head overseas for training every year with Canada being the most traveled country.

Without coming from a family with some wealth, no one would be willing to burn their money like this. 

"Coach Jung, I won't let you down." After saying this, Taehyung went to keep the items. He would not be going on ice for the time being. This afternoon, he would be training his muscles and sense of balance.

There were quite a few people in the practice venue and nearly all of them were student-athletes. While Taehyung trained, he could distinctively sense unveiled looks of disdain tossed toward him from all directions...

——

"Say, what is the fastest way to gain muscles?" During lunch, Taehyung asked Jungkook. He exhaled a long sigh. "I can't believe that I'm saying this but I kind of miss the nickname 'He-hulk'."

Jungkook pointed to his lunch tray. "You're asking me this while eating sweet and sour pork and red braised pork?"

"Ah, I was too tired and forgot." Looking at the food on his plate, Taehyung felt a little reluctant thinking of the delicious food that he would have to part with. He asked, "Not even red braised pork? Previously, I could eat red braised pork when I was still doing speed skating."

"It's not suitable for you now at this stage."

"Oh, alright." Taehyung drew in a deep breath and strengthened his resolve. "This will be the last time; I'll take it as an official farewell." Saying this, he stretched his chopsticks towards the red braised pork.

Swiftly, Jungkook used his chopsticks to intercept and snap his chopsticks shut.

"Not farewell—funeral." He swept all of the red braised pork onto his plate.

As for the sweet and sour pork, it would end up in the rubbish bin.

Taehyung looked at him with chagrin.

Jungkook saw that Taehyung was so annoyed his eyes were glistening, which looked especially adorable. Jungkook held his forehead. Lately, he kept feeling that Taehyung looked adorable. There must be something wrong with his brain.

Fine, so be it. If this was the case, he admitted it.

He went back to the canteen stalls and helped Taehyung to buy a new set of food. When he returned, he saw Taehyung staring blankly at the red braised pork but his chopsticks were untouched.