A late gift

As the saying goes, "death before dishonor". Donghee honestly felt like smashing the keyboard under his fingers into Jungkook's face but considering their difference in physiques, he silently killed that thought.

"Thump, thump, thump." Someone knocked on the door.

Jungkook raised his voice. "Come in."

The door opened a crack. Yoongi stuck his head in and saw Jungkook. Thus, he walked into the room and said, "Kook, you're back. I want to see how you're doing."

Jungkook's eyes creased into crescents. He was about to speak when Donghee suddenly asked Yoongi. "Are you single?"

Yoongi was stunned by the question. "Ah? Yes. Why are you asking such a touchy question..."

"A trash like you with no soulmate isn't fit to talk to our Ice God."

"What the fuck..." Yoongi could not help cursing. Then, he looked at the smile on Jungkook's face and suddenly thought of a question. He asked, "Jungkook, don't tell me that you only confirmed your relationship with bro-in-law today?"

Jungkook kept his smile. Feeling somewhat awkward, he pretended that he heard nothing, raised his head, and took another swig of beer.

Yoongi was tickled. "Seriously, so for the past while, you've been fretting over an unconfirmed relationship? Do you ever feel guilty for making me call him 'bro-in-law' for so long?"

Donghee laughed while holding on to his round belly. "Oh my! So you just got attached today after all? Jungkook, you're way too good at acting. Act again and I'll post your nude photos online!"

Jungkook pointed to the door and looked at Yoongi silently.

"You heartless rat, tossing me away now that you're done using me." Yoongi did not dare to truly rile Jungkook up beyond this casual criticism. After all, it was possible that their bro-in-law could introduce a friend to him. With this thought, he slinked away obediently.

Though Jungkook did not manage to sleep much that night, he was not exhausted when he woke the next morning. Full of energy, he went to find Taehyung for morning exercise.

When the two of them met, Jungkook wanted to hold Taehyung's hand. However, he dodged away.

Jungkook's heart tightened. He asked, "Having second thoughts?"

"Jungkook." Taehyung glanced left and right. "You have too many fans now. They're everywhere. Let's keep a low profile and not let people see in public, all right?"

After he sighed in relief, Jungkook agreed reluctantly despite feeling a little depressed.

He was extremely sullen that he could only see but not touch his boyfriend. As they walked on the road, he kept looking at him. Whenever Taehyung unintentionally met his eyes, he felt that Jungkook's blatant stare seemed as if he wanted to swallow him up.

——

Taehyung's first lesson in the morning was advanced mathematics. He attended the lesson with Nayeon at the Yifu building. After the class was over, he ran into Eunwoo who had a class on the same level. Eunwoo pulled the two of them to a place where no one was and asked, "Boss, I heard that you and Ju—" Here, he suddenly raised one hand to his mouth and whispered, "You and Jungkook got together?"

Taehyung scratched his neck with the tip of a finger, shied his face away with a smile, and nodded.

Eunwoo looked at his boss's discomposed and gleaming eyes and how his cheeks were tinted a faint red from embarrassment. He suddenly felt very unaccustomed.