Faint longing

Taehyung bustled over to the practice venue after returning from the airport. When he stepped inside, he immediately saw Jimin and a few others chatting and resting at the side instead of training.

"Make way, make way. I, farmer of impeccable class, am back again," Taehyung said.

They did not understand why Taehyung addressed himself as a farmer. When he saw Taehyung, Jimin first rolled his eyes before saying, "Snail, your mom is here to find you."

"Ah?" Taehyung was startled.

"She's in the lounge waiting for you." From the start to the end of their conversation, Jimin spoke curtly. He turned back to continue his conversation with the rest.

Taehyung could not believe that his mother was able to come down and visit him. His mother was a pediatrician who was extremely busy with work every day. This was to the point that she had slightly neglected Taehyung's upbringing in the past and Principal Kim was the one who played a larger role in raising Taehyung instead. So what exactly happened? Could it be that his mother, after some reflection, had finally remembered that he still had a son?

Whoo!

He was so touched!

Taehyung sprang over to the lounge in excitement. He pushed open the door and before he even saw anyone, shouted out loud, "Mom, you're finally here!"

When he went in and saw the person inside, he was stumped. "Eh..." His mom did not look like this... 

Mrs. Wong had wondered what her first meeting with Taehyung would be like. No matter how hostile or weird it would be, it did not matter to her. It was impossible for their meeting to proceed warmly. However, she never expected the boy to immediately address her as "mom" at first sight.

What a lack of propriety!

Mrs. Wong's face twisted into a scowl, the two corners of her lips turned down firmly. This made her originally sagging cheeks become even more obvious, causing her to appear rather dour. Her outrage emphasized the pallor of her overly pale skin and she looked like the female ghosts seen on television.

Taehyung was shocked by her appearance. He could understand the stranger's outrage as the way he addressed the stranger implied that she was old. All women were mindful of their age. When Taehyung went out with his mother, he also had to humor her by ignoring her conscience and saying, "Look, everyone thinks that we're sisters." His father, on the other hand, was a little denser. Once, after hearing Taehyung said this when the three of them were out on an excursion, he retorted, "Then doesn't this mean that your 'mother' had her second child at the age of fifty?" The consequence of his father's offhand remark was being hammered by his mother till... Well, tsk, tsk, tsk...

Taehyung reined in his train of thoughts and gave a slight bow to the stranger. "I'm sorry, older sister. I mistook you for someone else."

"Who's your older sister?" Mrs. Wong became even more annoyed.

Taehyung sensed that the lady was still extremely irritated. He apologized again and turned, intending to scamper out of the room. He thought that his mother must have been unable to wait patiently in the lounge and went out.

Behind him, the lady suddenly called out his name.

"Taehyung."

Surprised, Taehyung turned back to look at her. "You, you know me?"

"Mm." Mrs. Wong collected her expression and nodded slightly. "I came here specifically to find you."

Taehyung clapped a hand to his head, realizing what had happened. His mom couldn't visit him. The person Jimin referred to should be this lady.