The figure's not bad

The design of the Beomeosa Temple was refined and serene. Outside the temple was a winding stone staircase. As Taehyung climbed the stairs with Jungkook, he heard Jungkook ask, "What is your heart's desire?"

"What is your heart's desire?" Taehyung raised his head and looked at him.

Jungkook stared at his eyes. In his large, shining pupils, he saw a reflection of himself. His heart started beating a little erratically and he asked somewhat lightly, "Do you want to know?"

"Go ahead."

"My—"

At that exact moment, someone behind them complained disgruntledly. "Hey, are you two moving or not?"

The two of them could only return to climbing the stairs.

They did not exchange another word on the way up.

After stepping into the Beomeosa Temple, Jungkook expressed astonishment at the immense crowd they saw on their way to the top. He raised his phone, intending to capture a photo of the sea of people.

Taehyung disdained him for being a country bumpkin.

Jungkook stood below the main hall. Behind him was a raised stone platform around 45 cm in height. Above it was yet another more magnificent-looking stone platform, on which the main hall was built.

Taehyung hopped on the first stone platform and stood behind Jungkook. He finally had the chance to tower over him. Jungkook's head was well-formed and his hair shone a healthy black. Near the top of his head was a neat and pretty-looking hair whorl.

Taehyung was engrossed in observing him and could not resist reaching out to touch his head.

Jungkook's hair was a bit stiff. He could sense the heat from his scalp through the hair strands. Jungkook was like a mini-furnace at any time of the day.

"Jungkook, I can finally reach your head!" Taehyung exclaimed gleefully.

To his surprise, Jungkook did not balk. He even said patiently to him, "Be careful that you don't fall."

At his words, Taehyung felt a wave of sweetness in his heart. His lips quirked and he went on to ruffle Jungkook's hair messily like how he once did it to him.

Taehyung was having enormous fun when a man carrying a child on his back passed by him from behind. The child held a large pinwheel in his hand that flapped noisily in the wind. As the pinwheel was extended quite far out, it accidentally jabbed the back of Taehyung's head, giving him a huge shock. "Ouch!"

Jungkook reacted quickly; he immediately spun around and caught him with one arm.

Taehyung held onto Jungkook's shoulder and turned to see that the culprit was a pinwheel. Both adult and child apologized to him.

"It's fine, it's fine," Taehyung replied, he pushed Jungkook gently, wanting to nudge him away.

Jungkook did not release him. Instead, he tightened his grip and suddenly lifted Taehyung down the stone platform singlehandedly. He moved very quickly, not giving Taehyung any time to resist him. When he realized what had happened, both his feet had left the platform and were dangling in the air. Jungkook's arm was placed across the back of his knees as he held him like how one holds a child. Taehyung was both nervous and also slightly thrilled. At the same time, he also felt a tiny tinge of embarrassment.

Jungkook bent to put him down. When Taehyung's feet retouched the ground, he heard Jungkook say, "Your figure's not bad."

Whoosh——

His face turned crimson.

Feeling the welling heat on his face and attempting to pretend that nothing was wrong, Taehyung drew even more attention to his embarrassment by drawing up the hood on his shirt to cover his face.