Regret

After lunch, Roseanne wanted to show Jaehyun around RCU. Taehyung excused himself by saying that he needed to report for work at the ice rink and waved goodbye to them.

The group parted ways at the Sky Yard's entrance. Jungkook was headed the same way as Taehyung as he needed to report for training at the ice rink as well. He rested his right hand on top of Taehyung's head. As the two of them had a 20 cm height difference, this was a practically effortless action that he could carry out with ease.

A little annoyed, Taehyung shook his head but was unable to shake Jungkook off.

Jungkook used his left hand to wave to Jaehyun. "We're off. See you."

After saying this, he drew Taehyung's head back slightly as if he was driving a darned machine and steered his away.

Jaehyun suddenly yelled, "Taehyung."

Both Jungkook and Taehyung halted. Taehyung felt the evil grip on his head loosen. He turned to look at Jaehyun with his temporary freedom. "You have something else to say?"

"I'm competing tomorrow. Will you be there?"

Taehyung tugged his lips. "You know, I hated English the most."

After he said this, Jungkook promptly twisted Taehyung's head back. After the two of them had walked some distance, Taehyung pointed out, "Hey, you can let go of me now."

Jungkook did not release him. On the contrary, he began to move Taehyung's head around even more. As he did so, he commanded, "Guide dog, turn left, turn right." He chuckled.

"Lunatic!"

Taehyung exploded. He pushed up his sleeves, ready to beat Jungkook up. Unfortunately, Jungkook firmly held him at an arm's distance. Due to the length of his arm, Taehyung was tragically kept at a distance where he could neither evade nor hit him.

Taehyung turned and ran in an attempt to escape Jungkook's clutches.

Jungkook could keep up with Taehyung's steps with ease. Thus, he shadowed him with his hand still on his head. The two of them ran in this outrageous manner without caring that they were attracting the stares of passers-by.

At the intersection, Taehyung almost ran into a patrol car. Luckily, Jungkook reacted quickly and pulled him back in time.

He grabbed Taehyung's shoulder and yanked with force. The two of them collided due to inertia and Taehyung's back pressed against his chest. Perhaps due to running, Jungkook's chest was heaving heavily and exuded waves of heat. Taehyung felt awkward in his arms and quickly leaped to the side.

Taehyung glared at him.

Due to their height difference, Jungkook was looking at Taehyung from a selfie angle. His face appeared smaller while his eyes appeared larger. He could vividly see Taehyung's lively, dark pupils. Staring at him like this, Taehyung looked like an angry kitten.

"Jungkook, I'm in a bad mood today. Don't provoke me."

Jungkook shoved the bag that had fallen down his arm while running back onto his shoulder. "Not even a word of thanks after my help? You have no conscience."

"Yes, yes, yes. Thank you."

"Can you be even more half-hearted?"

Taehyung tugged his hair in frustration. He asked, "What do you want, then?"

Jungkook thought for a while before suddenly quirking his lips. "Treat me to supper tonight."

——

Supper was at the usual food street.