7 : The Faces You Remember

"We need to charge Freddy," said Gregory, quietly. The girl watched as he approached the animatronic, suddenly, a cavity in Freddy's chest opened up with a small hissing sound. Her eyes widened as large as dinner plates.

The inside of Freddy had a bunch of jet-black bars and wires in it, soft, orange-red lights attached to it gleamed. It looked tightly pack and claustrophobic.

But in the middle of all this, a small, hollow space could easily fit a little child in it. It was dark inside, but Gregory hopped in like a young kangaroo.

(Y/n) reached out towards him in concern, opening her mouth in protest, why is he entering Freddy like that? Gregory eyed her as he crouched into Freddy quietly, his irises shining.

"Don't worry, I'm safe in here."

"Are you-"

"I am," it was a quick response as Gregory was shut in the silent animatronic. Freddy stood straight with a sudden jolt and then marched towards a large, red machine that whirred quietly.

It had a thunderbolt icon that glowed cyan in the middle which caused blue light to cast shadows in the dark backroom of Freddy's lounge. It matched the bear animatronics intricate, cyan markings on his face and chest.

The girl watched as the sensory-triggered door of the power station open with a hiss, inviting the animatronic bear in.

With Gregory inside his chest, Freddy entered the power station with a certain stiffness in his movement. The girl thought it was strange but thought nothing more of it. The red station whirred with power and with a moments time the hatch opened right up, and the pair stepped out.

The girl wondered why Gregory joined in on the power station. Won't he get electrocuted? As if sensing her questioning them, Freddy spoke up:

"Do not worry for Gregory, he is fine," said the animatronic softly. His hatch opened up revealing Gregory who was preparing to jump out.

"See?" The girl nodded at the animatronic bear. She reached out a hand to the boy to help him out, for Freddy was large, and the drop was high. He paused and momentarily eyed the fingers outstretched for him. He blinked, as if confused, and took it.

The girl helped him out of Freddy. His shoes tapped on the floor when he landed on both feet. She let go of his hand, their fingers sliding against each other's. His hands were cold, like ice.

She thought of the ice lemonade that her mom makes in the summer. She had to let go, was so cold.

"There is a security badge located in the daycare. It will help you if you desire to advance in the further Pizzaplex," Freddy instructed Gregory to navigate through the building. "You must get through the lobby entrance and enter the daycare. But first, you need the daycare pass that you will find in a comp machine."

Gregory nodded. Freddy turned towards (y/n), his chest plate parted with a inaudible hiss and revealed what seemed to be a watch. The girl gasped and reached towards the gift with shining eyes.

"This is a Fazwatch, it's a device that will help me communicate with you. It will send you messages, it will as well show you a map of the area in which you are located." Freddy seemed to be smiling at her, though it was permanent. "If you are in need, you can click that button on the side and I will be summoned upon."

The watch was Freddy themed with silly, orange, bear ears on it. (Y/n) curled her hand around the cool plastic and took it out of the bear's chest, the scene felt surreal. She wrapped it around her wrist with a click. She found comfort in it, knowing that it was there. She wouldn't feel as lost with this watch in her possession now.