35k! : I Just Don't Get It

Part 2

There are some things a child sees that their older counterpart would not be able to explain.

(Y/n) had a very creative mind, one moment she had an imaginary friend who is a big, pink bunny that laughs cotton candy and poops lollipops.

The next moment she is describing two boys who she claimed she saw, but the description was vaguely similar to the two boys out of five children who disappeared nearly ten years ago. Most likely murdered in the pizzeria itself.

The parents, at first, had no suspicions. But that whole week, the girl did not stop yapping about them, or how the entire building and animatronics changed when she was with them.

They were starting to get curious over 'Caz' and 'Oliver' but found some dark information when they asked about it. It was a rather small town, and any person could know anyone. But judging by the looks people gave them, those two boys weren't just anyone.

The parents were hesitant, their daughter doesn't have that big of an imagination. How could she perfectly describe these boys? They are pretty sure that no one ever mentions the cases out loud anymore, so how could she have heard about it?  Despite the pizzerias reopening, people mostly kept to themselves. Those cases have long since been cold.

The girl begged them to bring her back to the pizzeria to see her new friends. The parents glanced at each other, the place was nearby and the food was cheap. But something felt out of place in this whole situation. Something felt wrong.

Though, in the end, they agreed. When they entered the restaurant, the girl was already skipping down the tiled floor before the parents stopped her one last time. "Just don't talk to any strange people, ok?"

The girl nodded enthusiastically. The parents eyed each other before turning away and striding towards the line. Really, what could go wrong in a place like this? They thought.

They were a little bit misinformed on just how terrible this place could be.

Other than the long lines, infuriating children, and creepy animatronics, this place was so much more than just a little pizzeria.

It was a cemetery.

The girl pushed through the crowd of children. Today was a Sunday. Sundays usually meant that there was going to be an even larger crowd of people in the restaurant. Typical of weekends.

The animatronics were already singing, their voices barely traveling through the sound of multiple children yelling. But she wasn't focused on them, no, she was skimming the crowd for a head of familiar blond hair or striking blue eyes.

Multiple kids stood out to have similar features but none of them fit the exact descriptions. Some of them had eyes not quite sharp enough as Caz's, others didn't have a smirk not exactly as smug as Oliver's.

Everytime her eyes caught a similar feature, she would visibly light up and make her way to them, but she stopped mid-step with a deflated expression when she realized it was someone else.

Something about Caz and Oliver felt special, like a puzzle you are trying to solve. Or a mystery you are close to cracking. Being around them felt weird, but fun.

She was in the dining area, looking to see if maybe they were eating. Perhaps they were bantering on who gets the last piece of pizza, she giggled. She could imagine them bickering amongst themselves, and then delighted to see her come by.

The girl passed by a kid with pizza sauce all over his face, his voice sounded like Oliver's but the boy didn't look like him. She pursed her lips thinking, maybe Caz is in the large hallway?