18 : The Fear of Death

The bloodied, and tightened grasp between her fingers was quite unpleasant. She thought of scary things, awful things at the feeling of crimson slowly running down her palm in a sticky manner. This was overwhelming, but Gregory never seemed to let go.

She couldn't blame him, he was wounded and afraid. The jester was missing in action and they were slowly approaching large wooden doors that seemed to speak of demise. Step by step, they approached.

Suddenly, a loud wailing sound echoed all around them. It was broken and robotic, yet full of emotion. Despair and rage. Gregory paled and (y/n) jumped at the unsettling sound.

"My eyes! I can't see, oh! I can't see!"

The sentence continued in incoherent and rapid mumbling that reverberated through the children's ears. It was like a crazed and hyperventilating animal. Something was shakily approaching them from behind. The creaking of robotic joins met their ears before the grating sound of a voice box.

The little girl and boy turned around in stupor. Gregory's eyes narrowed upon the animatronic who dragged towards them. Sun's fingers twitched in and out, groping the air blindly. His vibrant clothes were tattered. One side of his face was stained with a dripping, oily substance. Instead of an eye, there was a gaping black hole.

The milky white optic of the jester zoomed in upon them. An erratic sound shook behind his permanent, haunting grin. A quiet and static screech of concealed fury. So raw and real, Moon couldn't start to compare to the sheer anger.

"This is your fault." It wasn't worded like a question, or a command, or an accusation. More like a subtle realization, that dawned quietly upon the once-warm jester.

"This is all your fault!"

Like they say, the sun is more sinister than the moon. A force truly to be reckoned with.

The animatronic leaped at them with a furious wail. His long fingers stretched to rip and tear. Loud screeches of rage and anger came from the robot as he advanced on them. Words of accusations that held so much venom it ate away at the little girl's skin.

(Y/n) reacted at a much faster rate then Gregory, who stood paralyzed in place. With a shriek of fear, she dragged the boy with her to the large, wooden doors a few feet away. With a mighty push, she shoved her way past. Gregory followed behind her, gripping his injured shoulder with gritted teeth. His fingers were incredibly tight and cold on her wrist.

She and the boy shoved at the door to close it, just as the animatronic slammed against it with vigor, screaming loudly with a glitching voice box. He punched and kicked at the wood that it shook violently. Gregory's fingers flicked hatches on the sides of the faux wood with nervous rapidness, and with a resounding click, the doors were locked.

The robot continued to push against it, making the wood tremble. (Y/n) stood nervously, fearful that the animatronic would break down the door at any second. But with one more slam, Sun retreated deep into the daycare with subtle wails and cries.

"My eyes! My eyes!"

The girl began to shed more tears. She didn't know why she was crying this time, whether it was guilt or fear or regret, she knew that she was tired yet restless, fearful and dreadful. Every time she cried, she felt a little piece of herself break away from the rest. And she cried so much, she wasn't sure how much of herself was left. She found it hard to imagine sweet dreams and fantasies that came so easily to her before, and deep in her soul, she had a feeling that her troubles wouldn't end there.

The way Gregory exhaled shakily and leaned against her side was like a wounded soldier, he might as well have been. There was a subtle pitter-patter of his blood on the tiled floor. And every drop left the girl quietly flinching.