50 : Burning Embers

"And the monster crawls back into his little cave..." the boy breathed out, that cold grin on his lips remained. They were in front of Gator Golf, the faintest sound of rock music echoed in her head but an eerie feeling made the hairs on her neck raise. Destroy Monty, the boy said, destroy him so that she can fix Freddy. She wanted that, didn't she? He asked. She didn't want to cause anymore destruction, she didn't want to involve herself anymore, but there was a part of her that felt guilty. It was her fault that Freddy was attacked, it was only fair she did him this favor. Like her parents always said, clean your own mess. This mess was hers, and it was one that overwhelmed her to no end, but she had to fix it.

Her first task, lure out Monty. If he takes the bait, Gregory will do something that will make Monty's deactivation swift and thoughtless. But it was harder than it seemed, what will she do without getting caught? The boy instructed her to lead him to the catwalks. Just what the boy will do eluded her, he seemed sadistically excited about it judging by the venomous glint in his eyes. She just hoped that it would be as swift as he said it would be.

Well, she didn't have much of a choice. She backed herself into a corner that she built herself, her guilty conscience leading her by the rope. Gregory knew this, and he soon got his hands on the reins of her heart, pulling her in every direction like a string puppet. It was only a matter of time now until this was all over. Whether or not it was the happy ending she wanted didn't matter to them, besides, happy endings don't happen here. The only thing she could hope for was it to be over. Her wishful thinking told her that it would be over if she does this one task, but that was too good to be true.

They entered through a side entrance instead of the front, a surprise tactic to give them time to set up the main plan. She carefully walked up the metal steps to the catwalks, leaving Gregory to his own devices. She felt a trembling in the calves of her legs, her thoughts spinning in her head like a carousel. With a final step, she was on one of the stretching catwalks, she was on top of the vast expanse that was Gator Golf, Monty's territory. When she looked down, her head spun with anxiety. Below her was like a plastic jungle, fake palm trees and snaking vines layered the place into a green haze, animatronic alligators jumped out from green water with a deathly growl, she felt her skin crawl.

In her observation of the vast, faux jungle, wild vermillion eyes observed her from above. His black claws dug into the rough plastic of the alligator-shaped lift. When he stared at her small form, manic thoughts filled his head, a desperation unfamiliar to him, a darkness unfamiliar to him. He quickly released the metal railing and let himself free fall to her level. With a resounding echo, his metallic feet hit the catwalk, making it tremble. He grinned a feral grin at her, revealing all of his sharp teeth. She turned around and stared at him with wide eyes, her feet automatically pulling her back from him.

"Hey, sweetheart," Monty chuckled roughly, he took a booming step forward. The girl's hands flew towards the railing as she held herself steady, continuing to back up from him. Monty followed after her with a deadly smile, "you know that you're not supposed to be up here, don't ya?"

She didn't respond to him, she only stared at him dumbly in shock and fear. Every step he took forward shook the metal beneath her feet, his figure loomed in the darkness, his fiery optics glowed menacingly. His smile gleamed until he saw her start to flee from him and then he snarled, his rough voice cracking with a tone of subtle desperation, "there's no reason to be scared of me, I ain't gonna hurt you! I'm just gonna help you down, that's all!"

She turned and ran, and he gave chase with a booming yell, his voice a deep growl. She heard his footsteps slamming behind her, the metal ground beneath her shook violently with every footfall. Her heart raced as she twisted through the catwalks as fast as she could, she heard his claws swipe behind her as he tried to grab her, they scraped gruesomely against the metal as he pursued her like a feral animal, leaving a flurry of scratch marks behind. She managed to dodge him for long enough, but the rails were only long enough for her to outrun him for only a limited time. And soon, she was backed into a corner. Her back hit the metal railing, she saw Monty step towards her threateningly, she whimpered as she saw she was trapped, Monty loomed before her in the darkness, vermillion eyes glowing maniacally. But instead of pouncing towards her, he only broke out in wild hysterics, laughing to himself in a somber tone of desperation.