14 : Fool Me Twice

The girl swallowed thickly. Her throat felt tight and restricted. The air chillingly bit at her arms and the shadows watched her every move.

She shuffled quietly through the large plastic structure as she listened for any sign of Gregory or Moon. She didn't hear Moon's angry screeching or Gregory's reassuring voice.

She passed by walls and tubes. The place was a colorful labyrinth. The more her thoughts trailed on the fact that she could get lost, the more she shuddered in fear.

She remembered getting lost once. She was at a mall, she trailed behind a little too far and ended up getting split up. At first, she didn't realize it, until she looked around nervously, her parents not in sight.

She cried, and several people approached her with concerned faces. Her parents found her almost immediately, with worry and confusion etched into their faces. She hugged them tightly. It went by really quickly, but it was one of the most terrifying moments in her life.

She frowned at the memory. Her eyes searched for the bridge they saw before. It was a little ways away but she was closer to it now. With careful steps, she crossed the trembling plastic boards.

Somewhere in the distance, she heard Moon laugh maniacally. It was quick-paced and furious. It echoed throughout the room and it sounded too close for comfort. But if also sounded like Gregory's distraction was working.

The girl hurriedly crossed the bridge. The rainbow attraction clicked and squeaked beneath her shoes. She winced at the sound, hoping that Moon didn't see or hear her.

On the other side was a play-structure she thinks she has been in before, when Moon almost caught her. But she was not so sure. She looked through every open place with paranoia, but Moon was nowhere in sight.

Her eyes trailed the long black cord that snaked through the plastic castle. She followed it, shoes tapping quietly against the plastic surface. Somewhere before her, she heard the sound of whirring machinery. It was the sound of a generator.

She stopped when she saw it, it was purple with a smiling Freddy-face sticker plastered on it. Its red light glowed ominously in the dark. She thought of Moon's single crimson eye and flinched.

She hesitantly gripped the cool and rough lever and struggled to pull it down. It wailed quietly in response, she wanted to stop yanking at it because of the sound but she was almost halfway there.

With a click that boomed across the room, the red light turned into an acidic green, she was bathed in it. Blinking in the harsh lighting, she listened for any sign of the animatronic... Nothing.

It was strange, and nonetheless terrifying. Usually the animatronic would hear her. He would either laugh crazily or say something really mean that friendly robots shouldn't be able to say. Maybe Gregory's plan worked? She really hoped so.

She backed up, and went in a different direction. That was three out of five generators. There's just two left, only two and it will be over, she told herself. She could go home and find Gregory's family. And forget about all this.

She hoped Gregory was right about the bridges. She didn't want to end up sneaking through open ground. Spies hide in clever places, being down there with Moon was not like being a clever spy.

After a couple minutes of quietly hiking through the plastic structure of ups and downs, turns, and crawling through colorful tubes with gnawing nervousness in her veins, the girl found the bridge, finally.

Her legs were starting to ache. Sometimes, she had to stop just to rest to catch her breath, or to cradle her stinging ankle. She never had to walk this much before. If she got tired, her daddy would pick her up. She missed him so much, he would know what to do in this situation. Her eyes watered at the thought.

She heard nothing, she wasn't sure if it's because she was in an enclosed area or if they were far away. She was getting more and more anxious that Gregory was found and devoured by the evil animatronic.

It was too dark here, and she couldn't see anything beyond her. With hesitant steps, she crossed the plastic bridge. It was less shaky as the other one, and didn't make that much sound. She sighed in relief.

But her relief was short-lived, because a red eye watched her from beneath the bridge with a look that would freeze all hell itself. With an astounding leap, the robot's hand tore through the bridge like a zombie's digging out of its grave.

The girl shrieked as her ankle was grabbed by the metal creature once more, his grip just as bone snapping as last time. A glitchy voice whispered darkly, "got you!~"

The long metal fingers attempted to pull her down, the girl gripped the bridge's rope railings so tightly, it burned her palm red. The bridge groaned and arched down at the yanking force beneath it.

Terror pierced her gaze as she looked down to see the robot's blood red eye and wide smile coming closer and closer. The animatronic cackled lowly, continuing to pull her down and into his waiting grasp.

He didn't make any sound! She didn't even hear him beneath the bridge! She screamed and pulled with all her might. But her fingers were slipping from the railings.

The robot's other hand gripped her knee that was protruding out of the bottom of the bridge, and yanked at it. He laughed cruelly at the tears leaking out of her eyes. "How about I pluck out your eye too, maybe both of them even, so we can be matching! That would be fun, right?"

Suddenly, a toy block hit the animatronic in the back of the head. The robot paused at his tugging, but his grip still tight, and turned his head menacingly around. A singular red eye glared hotly at the newcomer.

The girl trailed her gaze to Gregory, who was standing bravely in the open. The boy was shrouded in darkness, but glowing yellow eyes pierced through the veil with a glare that could rival the devil's.

"If you don't let go of her right now," Gregory hissed, his eyes wide and dialating. The girl could see his trembling fist, but she had a feeling it was not shaking out of fear. "I will rip out your innards, you stupid robot."

Moon's eye thinned into a slit. His long digits slowly uncurled from the girl's leg. The robot began to twitch and compulse, his voice box glitching. He took slow, sauntering steps towards the boy, who stood his ground.

"Oh, really?" The animatronic's voice sounded unrecognizable with how many glitches laced in its tone.

"I would recommend you run then, little boy. Because I will tear off your face!"

Might as well call Moon the Ankle Grabber. 💀

I think next chapter, this part of the story will end. 🤩

ALSO, Yandere Bendy and the Dark Revival story is out now! Go check it out if you'd like!

Comment what you think and leave a vote if you like it!

Have a nice day! 💞