13 : You'll Just Shatter My Eyes

The robot fell from the plastic play-place like a monkey off a tree. (Y/n) opened her eyes to the sound of a terrible and glitchy screech. The robot's talons gripped the plush padding until it made an audible ripping sound as he slowly slid off of the structure, hanging on for dear life.

A metal cord dropped from behind the animatronic that sparked with electricity in loud crackles. The girl watched as the robot disappeared off the side of the play place. The terrible shrieking shredded at her ears as he hit the ground with a loud bump.

The girl dashed away, she didn't want to stay there any longer, but her mind was full of questions on how such a thing could happen. Above her, she heard the sound of clicking heels like hers and she was afraid that Moon was climbing the top of the play place again.

Suddenly, a dark figure slid in from the roof of the structure in front of her like a spy sliding in through a window. It was not big and gangly enough to be the animatronic, but the girl, in the midst of her panic, wasn't exactly thinking about that.

She skidded to a stop but still bumped into the figure, who then gripped her like she was a life-line. She felt shocks from the silhouette's cold hands traveling up her arms. She yelped but suddenly was tightly embraced. (Y/n) realized that it was Gregory hugging her.

She hugged him back too, the coldness from his body made her shiver but she didn't care. She was just so happy to see him, for a moment, she thought the animatronic got to him.

She wonders how he ended up on the roof above her, though? Maybe he was a really good climber? But the structures are just so tall! Where was he before, and why is he here now? Did he know she was in trouble? Was it him who broke Moon's electric cord?

She was about to state her questions but Gregory released the crushing embrace and looked at her with seriousness and fear. The girl got a good look at just how vibrant his yellow eyes were. It's almost as if they were glowing.

"We need to turn on those generators," Gregory said quietly while he pulled her through the play place rapidly. "To turn on the lights... stay with me at all times."

They were walking down a platform when they heard a psychotic laugh come from somewhere in the distance. It wasn't long before they heard that clicking sound as the robot seeked them out.

A long cord, that fizzed and crackled with electricity, dragged on the ground behind Moon as he scavenged the area like a starving wolf, whispering raggedly and giggling of horrid things he would do.

"It's time to go to bed children~ come out, come out you little brats."

Red eyes glowed and twitched as they scanned the area. Moon can't go in the air anymore, fortunately, but he was not giving up anytime soon. He was prowling the ground now, making it harder to venture there in the open.

Gregory and the girl ended up in the bottom of a play-place. They were hidden behind a colorful plastic wall. A cardboard cut-out of Freddy waved and smiled at them. The girl found comfort in his friendly grin.

A red spotlight dragged across the ground near the spot they were hiding. The robot was getting impatient. Glitchy growls escaped its voice box occasionally.

Gregory was watching the scene with analytical eyes as the robot's optics flickered somewhere else. When the animatronic's clicking sound was a distance away, Gregory pulled the girl with him as they exited the play structure.

The girl felt vulnerable to be in the open like this. Their feet sinking into the plush, padded floors sounded too loud in her ears. Her rapidly beating heart and breathing sounded thunderous compared to the otherwise silent daycare. The hairs on her petite neck lifted.